Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England SQUAD NAMED FOR DOUBLE-HEADER

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
why cant roy drop milner hes crap

ROY HODGSON HAS NAMED HIS SQUAD FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS IN SAN MARINO AND MONTENEGRO

Roy Hodgson has named his squad for the World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Montenegro next week.

The England Manager has selected a 26-man squad for the trip, which sees the Three Lions play their first two qualifiers of 2013.

First up is the trip to San Marino on Friday 22 March, before Group H table-toppers Montenegro are the hosts in Podgorica on Tuesday 26 March.

Hodgson has called up Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand for the first time during his spell as Manager.

With 81 caps to his name, Ferdinand hasn’t featured for England since the game with Switzerland in June 2011.

And goalkeeper Ben Foster is back in the squad after his recent announcement that he is available for international selection again.

There are also call-ups for Tottenham Hotspur duo Scott Parker and Michael Dawson.

Parker hasn't been in an England squad since last summer's Euro Finals after injury problems kept him out of action in the first half of the season.

And it's a first call-up under Hodgson for defender Dawson, who last featured in the game against Wales in March 2011.

The Squad

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster , Joe Hart, Fraser Forster.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand , Glen Johnson, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Leon Osman, Scott Parker , Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young.

Forwards: Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Daniel Welbeck.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No Zaha, after his hilarious recent cameo? How BIZARRE. I'm truly SHOCKED.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Milner has been very good recently for City. Amazing that so many managers rate him yet a lot of football fans don't. It's almost as if the football managers have a better understanding of what he brings to a team.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Milner has been very good recently for City. Amazing that so many managers rate him yet a lot of football fans don't. It's almost as if the football managers have a better understanding of what he brings to a team.....

See also Emile Heskey...any others?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I can see why Milner gets picked, he offers a kind of steady, defensively sound option with a good workrate and versatility. He's not just pacey or has amazing ball skills.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Still have a feeling Lennon is ahead of Milner. Genuine pace and he's tracking back very well under AVB.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Heresy! :)

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
From that I'd go:

Hart
Johnson-Cahill-Dawson-Baines
Walcott-Gerrard-Carrick-Milner
Rooney
Sturridge

But obviously Cleverly and Welbeck will play as Hodgson can't get enough of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here