Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy Podcasts

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Hi all, Ive recently been looking to get some podcasts on my iPod. Wondering if someone can recommend some funny ones ?
As an example I've been listening to the old ten o'clock live podcasts. Although more of a fan of David Mitchell and Charlie Brooker than Jimmy Carr.
Thanks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi all, Ive recently been looking to get some podcasts on my iPod. Wondering if someone can recommend some funny ones ?
As an example I've been listening to the old ten o'clock live podcasts. Although more of a fan of David Mitchell and Charlie Brooker than Jimmy Carr.
Thanks
Here's where the bulk of your answer is:-

Podcasts - what are you listening too?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The old Ricky Gervais podcasts, with Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington, always make me laugh

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
richard herring's myriad of podcasts are always good value -- once you get used to him :)

This! Although Me 1 vs Me2 Snooker is one for the purist I think. His Leicester Square theatre and Edinburgh Festival interview style pods are excellent.

I'd also recommend Phil and Phill's Perfect Ten back catalogue for a few laughs as well. They'll be doing their last ever live version of the show at Duke of Yorks on the 22nd march if you want to get abused in person.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Rhod Gilbert's Best Bits
Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio
The Tuesday Club (Arsenal footy podcast by Alan Davies)
The Football Ramble (funny football podcast)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wait. You don't like comedians who just shout a lot, yet you like Rhod Gilbert?

That toothpaste bit he did was STUNNING. I was nearly crying with laughter. Also his odd jobs show was very amusing, the way he interacted with kids and animals was very naturally funny. He is lightyears ahead of Jupitus.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I started listening to TCGTE based on that thread and just LOVE it.

Excellent isnt it!

I often try and listen to it in bed to go to sleep, however this week i was in cracking up.

also love their passion for Mcdonalds.

Favourite episode though is when Tom is pretty hammered and cant keep his mouth shut, I think its dating part 4 - wooing.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
The Bugle
Answer Me This
Do The Right Thing

All excellent.

One worth trying is The Comedian's Comedian podcast - more of a discussion about comedy rather than a comedy show, but there's been some really interesting ones on there. Best one of recent times was with Brighton's own Steven Grant.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Excellent isnt it!

I often try and listen to it in bed to go to sleep, however this week i was in cracking up.

also love their passion for Mcdonalds.

Favourite episode though is when Tom is pretty hammered and cant keep his mouth shut, I think its dating part 4 - wooing.
The one when Tim was tipsy, was one of the funniest things EVER, that was quite a while ago.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio, Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio, Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio, Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio, Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio.

Emily? if thats her name, stops me from listening to the show, her voice grates and she cannot keep her mouth shut for longer than 10 seconds.

Ohhhhhhhhh Fraaannnkkkkkkk. sounds like she should be on eastenders, shame as I find Frank Skinner very funny.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Emily? if thats her name, stops me from listening to the show, her voice grates and she cannot keep her mouth shut for longer than 10 seconds.

Ohhhhhhhhh Fraaannnkkkkkkk. sounds like she should be on eastenders, shame as I find Frank Skinner very funny.
It's deja vous all over again!!!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

I have to admit I am a little hooked on the Frank podcasts back catalogue. I also have the entire Ricky, Karl and Stephen podcasts on a loop too - 40 hours worth!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Emily's ok, it's the off mike laughing of the producer woman, that gets right on my tits.

deja vous, again!!!!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
The Bugle. It's all about the Bugle.

Incidentally, co-presenter John Oliver (a Brit) is going to be guest presenting Jon Stewart's Daily Show on the telly for eight weeks soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here