Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Hospital

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
A work colleague of mine has just recently been to Brighton Hospital and said it is the worst hospital he has ever had to visit, is it that bad?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Our local hospital called Diana , Princess of Wales is known locally as Princess Di. Off this afternoon to visit [MENTION=4313]RM-Taylor[/MENTION] on one of the wards as he is poorly after another bout of DKA (diabetic ketoacidosis)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It might be falling down but at least it’s got character and isn’t another boring bowl hospital with no atmosphere, full of plastic patients.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The slow reduction of NHS funding by the government, and private contracts being handed out and paid for by private financial investors.
This is leading to a two tear service. This is the greatest social backward step in our life times.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
My daugther had to visit the Brighton childrens hospital back in 2006, it was an old victorian looking building, the staff were great in there and I could not fault theM one bit. I think it has since closed and moved to a new hospital in Brighton.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
A work colleague of mine has just recently been to Brighton Hospital and said it is the worst hospital he has ever had to visit, is it that bad?

I suggest he takes a visit to the RLI in Leicester. That place is like a Victorian workhouse, or worse.

As has been said elsewhere, the buildings and "management culture" that runs these awfull places should in no way reflect on the achievements of the staff, who in most cases are dedicated professionals. In fact, in my experience, it is the best buildings that tend to have the worse staff, and the worst buildings the most caring, flexible and dedicated staff. Just a generalisation though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My daugther had to visit the Brighton childrens hospital back in 2006, it was an old victorian looking building, the staff were great in there and I could not fault theM one bit. I think it has since closed and moved to a new hospital in Brighton.

Yeah, they have. The Royal Sussex, which is where your work colleague has just been.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Sold by the government/ council to property developers Taylor Wimpey who paid 10m for the site!!!!!!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Yeah, they have. The Royal Sussex, which is where your work colleague has just been.
I think he is making his stories up, won't be the 1st time or the last, apparently its full of drunks,drug addicts, lunatics and gays, not my words his.

I switched off after 10 minutes of hearing about it....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here