Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our "friend" John Catt wastes yet more tax payers money .......

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Well done to him. Disagree with what he stood for against us, but he had the right to campaign peacefully for it. If he hadn't been anti-albion, many more of our fans would have embraced his actions on this.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well done to him. Disagree with what he stood for against us, but he had the right to campaign peacefully for it. If he hadn't been anti-albion, many more of our fans would have embraced his actions on this.

Absolutely. We should all have a right to protest against things we do not think are right, without being put on a government list. Mr Catt has won a victory for us all.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
This guy in Brighton

In the news at the moment, just heard it on the radio news, his name is John Catt, its not the same guy who caused problems at Withers is it? same name I'm almaost sure!

Apparently he was in court today for some stuff! link here BBC News - John Catt takes protester records case to Court of Appeal

The name rings a bell, but not now living in Brighton I miss out on some local news...............

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Normally I'd agree but I have two issues ( the Albion bit aside ) :

1. He claims legal aid but lives in a very expensive house in an expensive suburb of the city.
2. He supports an organisation who are anything but peaceful when they protest.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. I personally am relieved that this 88 year-old won't now go through a lifetime of having his name on a police database.

2. John Catt. There's no too many surnames of four letters that begin with a C, end in a T where the second letter's a vowel. Maybe CORT?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good for him. Regardless of his views on Withdean he is not a criminal or an extremist and should be entitled to be treated as such. If this lawsuit was a problem for the police maybe they should exercise some common sense and good judgement on who to keep tabs on.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
If the police hadn't been so overzealous in their desire to clamp down on peaceful protesters he wouldn't be "wasting public money" you could argue it the police who are wasting public money by starting this in the first place. Police wasting public money shocker, is the pope a cath......... etc etc

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
If the police hadn't been so overzealous in their desire to clamp down on peaceful protesters he wouldn't be "wasting public money" you could argue it the police who are wasting public money by starting this in the first place. Police wasting public money shocker, is the pope a cath......... etc etc

SmashEDO is anything but peaceful protest.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
I agree but as far as I am aware he is peaceful and just hates the weapons industry as a lot of people do. I heard on the news he hasn't even got a criminal record.

He was also chucked out of the Labour conference for daring to challenge Blair peacefully. We have to be very careful what we clamp down on in this country as our rights and liberties are being eroded at a frightening speed already. On the other hand if they catch youprotesting as EDO do with random acts of violence they should have the full force of the law.

Earlybird

Jul 23, 2003
Brighton
Normally I'd agree but I have two issues ( the Albion bit aside ) :

2. He supports an organisation who are anything but peaceful when they protest.

If him & the organisation he supports think the world would be a far nicer place with less bombs & bullets in it, I'd have to agree with them.
I find it bizarre that any normal, rational thinking, un-brainwashed human being would be against their aims.

Well done to you on this one Mr Catt

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Who said anything about SmashEDO?

He was monitored and registered because he was at a SmashEDO demo. I'll agree with you about civil liberties but I struggle to have any sympathy with anyone who abuses the legal aid system.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's the police who've acted like stupid ********s in this case.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
If you swap SmashEDO for BHA can anyone who had their details taken by the police when attending a game of football or before or after have the law delete their details?

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Assume you wander on the train on Sunday and a fight breaks out between fans, the police arrive think you were involved and arrest you, your DNA will be taken. If you are later released you try and get that DNA removed from the database.... No chance. Whether you're innocent or guilty, you my friend are now guilty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here