Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three days to go...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...until we all descend on the Amex for some Sabbath day worship.

How are your nerves holding out?

Relatively calm here - I really don't think we'll lose this one.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
How are your nerves holding out?

Ask me again on Saturday night when I need to sleep and Sunday morning when I get up

Quite why you'd be in my bedroom on Saturday night I don't know, but if you are then ask again.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I actually feel sick. If we lose on Sunday, I might go into hibernation until the cricket season if only to avoid the deluge of mongs from both sets of supporters which will inevitably happen on here.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
You are WAY more optimistic than I am. I'm only going for the beer and the chair luzzing - I think the football in itself is going to be a monumental let down :(

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Ask me again on Saturday night when I need to sleep and Sunday morning when I get up

Quite why you'd be in my bedroom on Saturday night I don't know, but if you are then ask again.

More worrying is that he's still there Sunday morning.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Feeling of impending doom for me and my boy, despite a family of palace sth's whose twins play in my u10 team convinced we are going to beat them.
I woke up at 5 this morning, first thought was about the game on Sunday :eek:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'll be relieved when the game finally kicks off to be honest. I am not overly confident at all and just want to get into it as soon as possible. managed to fill the next few days with a gig, a club and the rugby so I don't spend all my time fixating on sunday morning.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The club has done really well to manage everyone's expectations with the last few performances/results. Lots of people expecting nothing from Sunday.

IF we win, it will be a right FILLIP.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
I can't wait for the game, apprehensive of course, just hope for a win for sake of our boys as it would be really good for them following the last few results, a real lift for them on the run-in.

Getting up early to watch Aussie GP first so relaxation time before the game should allow nerves to hold out.

I just hope everyone stays safe and all fans behave, both sides, were all just there to watch what should be a cracking footie match :ascarf:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I'm looking forward to it, really think we will show up on Sunday and beat Palace. However I will be out in Brighton on Saturday night to have a few beers to calm the nerves. A packed Amex will see us on to victory!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Not looking forward to it, gonna drink 2 bottles of red Saturday night to ensure sleep happens. I just hope the fans play there part, noise levels have been dismal last few games at home, this SUNDAY needs break the sound barrier, All 4 stands need to play there part, wall of noise please. losing will be hard enough, but to have those scum bags on here after saying we were shit fans as well and that they out sung us will be suicide materail

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Although my predictor shows a win it's more in hope than expectation. I'm not sure we're going to get anything out of this so I'm feeling relatively relaxed

In saying all of that I normally get these games all wrong meaning we're going to rise to the occasion give their sorry asses a good whipping and send them back to scumtown with their tails between legs.

Win/Win for me!!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The weekend starts tonight for the North West Sussex Seagulls as 30 of us are off to WJ Kings brewery in Horsham for a tour and sampling session. I figure it might be best to keep the beer levels up until kick off for the next 3 days.

I can't wait I support Brighton and these are the occassions that make football great we have to take the highs and the lows and Palace can take points, records, seats or whatever else but they will never take my hope. On sunday I can forget the mundane routine of life to share with 26000 like minded people knowing that no matter what the outcome I will not have to travel back to that god awful run down dump that is Croydon.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
This is what football is all about, passion. We are on a shit run and can't even beat two teams that were bottom of the table when we played them for Christ sake. But that is why come Sunday I will be full of hope again and hopefully come two hours later I will be elated. But if not so be it and I'll kick the cat (if we had one) and then get on with it. Will avoid BBS for a while of course :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Worried, worried, worried!

Don't think we'll win, would take a draw right now.

My worry rationale:

Bruno carrying a knock
Is Bridge fit.
Is Vicente fit - does he care?
Greer likely to partner Upson
No Barnes, CMS or Hoskins
Will our Spanish players 'be up for it'?
Will it be too cold for some of our players.
Will our fans behave or face some type of FA retribution.
The referee is a pillock.
Are Palace too pacey for us (Zaha and Bolasie).
They seem like they're on form (from an attacking sense), we seem to have gone off the boil a bit.
Will Hull beat Forest.
Where am I going to park with all these caravans likely to occupy Bennetts field?

That is all - otherwise looking forward to it as I do every game at The Amex.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Had a really bad dream last night that we lost 3-1 again - hopefully that doesnt prove real.

We do have a recently good record against beating the top sides though with wins over Cardiff, Hull and Burnley - maybe our omen of not being top teams and doing crap against lower teams has switched - only 1 way to find out.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm more concerned how my body clock is going to hold up. Will have to get up early to watch the aussie gp and then set off at a weird time to get there for a 12 kick off. It shouldn't be THAT confusing but I just can't get over the fact I'll need to leave at breakfast time...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here