Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA v Crystal Palace - Score Predictor

BHA v Crystal Palace - Score Predictor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

So here we go folks - THE BIG ONE!

BHA (7th) meet Crystal Palce (4th) at The Amex on Sunday. The Seagulls maybe wobbling of late, however, win & we could find ourselves back in the playoffs after the match. Defeat & we may be as low as 9th. Indeed 9th could be our starting position at kickoff if Bolton win at Ipswich & Middlesbrough beat Birmingham.

Albion seem to leave their worst performances of the season against our neighbours of late. 3-0 defeat at Selhurst with our 10 men in December & the first loss at The Amex in September 2011 1-3. Indeed in the last 9 fixtures we have only beaten them once & no wins at home in the last 4 encounters. Still head to head Albion do have the upper hand 36 wins, 34 defeats & 23 draws.

Looking at recent form, Albion are 6th (home & away games, over 6 games), averaging 1.67 points & Palace 4th, with 2.17 points. At home we are 7th (last 6 home games) with 2.17 points & Palace 14th, 0.83 points.

After 37 league games the Albion find themselves on 56 points. After 38 league games last season we were on 61 points & 4th in the table.

Has the loss in form this season occurred a few matches earlier than in the last campaign?

As for the Score Predictor 6 correct scores for the 2-1 defeat at Barnsley.

The table stands as:

Score Board:

9 points

OzMike

8 points

nobody!

7 points

DBL, stupendor

6 Points

cd_501, Conkers, Paul pring

5 Points

BHA96, chucky1973, HawkTheSeagull, MJsGhost, Taybha, The Orange Seagull, Thunder Bolt, tigertim68, u'vebeenamexed

4 Points

Blackadder, Craig4004, del strangefish, fozzie's headband, Geriatric Seagull, Goldstone Rapper, jgmcdee, Monsieur Le Plonk, nomoremithras4me, Preston Park, RM-Taylor, Seagull kimchi, Shirty, Silk, Stoneham Park, The Brighton Bear, The JasperCo, Tom Hark, Whim

3 points:

*Gullsworth*, Beach Hut, Bognor Bystander, cowburn86, Cypriot-Seagull, Dougal, Dumseagull, hans kraay fan club, Horton's halftime iceberg, Hyperion, Lethargic, mickygp, Nathan, Nigella's Cream Pie, pauli cee, Postman Pat, Simster, spongy, Stuart Munday, sussex seagull, The Major, tinycowboy, Trufflehound, Wigman, Zebedee

2 points:

albion534, Albion Edd, Barn Door Billy, BensGrandad, BHA Swiftly, BHAWise, Boroseagull, brighton_b0y, BrightonGuy, clippedgull, Coxovi, DTES, Dublin seagull, Eastleigh Northstander, half time scores, hampden park, Jesus Gul, Jimmy Come Lately, LukeOwen, matthew, Mellor 3 Ward 4, Mustafa Kemal, nipponseagull, Norman Baker suck my lozenge, rcf0712, sant andreu, seagulls99, Shy Talk, Steve Foster, superbez, SWINDON SEAGULL, Trelford Mills Guide Dog

The following are all on one point:

7:18, Albion4Ev3R, ALBION28, Albion_Dave, albionite, Ali_rrr, am the one, Badger, BASINGSTOKESEAGULL, Bean, bhafc99, Bigbelly, BillPotter, birthofanorange, Blue Valkyrie, Bognor Seagull, brieref, brighton7, brightonmark 1234, brighton terra, BUTTERBALL, Cantona's Flying Dropkick, cliveh27, Comedy Steve, Cragglez, dadams2k11, dandanthebrightonfan, darters74, Davemania, dingodan, Dirty Dave, downham seagull, eastterracemike, Eddie Bee, eddbur, ExmouthExile, father_and_son, finlaych, GingerBeerMan, glasfryn, Goalkuiper, Godstar, goldstone, Goodfella, granny weatherwax, Greyrun, HastingsSeagull, Henfieldsteve, highway61, Hugo Rune, IndianaPaul, jameswestport, jamesy's, Jimmy Skaville, Johnnyboy, Jonesy, kevtherev, Lady Gull, LamieRobertson, LAMBRETTA MAN, Larry, LarryLawson, Leigull, Lifelong Supporter, little al, lizard, MaggieT83, maltaseagull, Marmaduke, Mellotron, misterspatch, mitch, Moone, Mo Gosfield, Mutts Nuts, NEASTGULL, Newman-seagulls, NickBHAFC18, nick c, Nuts, nutty71, Oscar, Paris, perseus, pishhead, pishrat, Plastic-Fantastic, Pogue Mahone, portslade seagull, pottert, Poyetry In Motion, pwlr1966, Razzoo, Return of the Rev, Ringmer Seagull, rocker959, SeagullSongs, Seagull Steve, Sergei's Celebration, S'hampton Seagull, Shatner's Bassoon, Shoreham Gull, Shropshire Seagull, Shuggle, Stoo 82, sully, superseagulls12, T Soprano, The Antikythera Mechanism, The Complete Badger, The Modfather, Tim Over Whelmed, Titus, Tomo1794, tweenster, Waino696969, Wally Gould, Wally back, waterhouse, Waynflete, Weretheweststand, Withdean and I, Woodchip, wunt be druv, yxee

As ever use your head. You decide .....................................................

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Brighton 0-2 Palace

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Brighton 1 - Palace 4

Christ.. you beat me to it...great minds think alike.
We played Palace at the Amex last season as the 3rd successive home game in 6 days. It clearly affected the team, as they visibly wilted in the second half ( don't forget we led for a long time ) Whoever was responsible for that decision ( when commonsense went out of the window and greed kicked in ) should have been lined up and shot. It derailed our season, right there and then.
Lo and behold, we have just had to play 3 tough away games in 7 days with a depleted squad and a lot of travelling. Result...season derailed again. No one seemed to give any attention to the fact that when we played 3 tough away games on the trot 6-7 weeks ago we performed poorly.
Who the fecking hell is allowing these decisions to be made. if the league are forcing these dates upon us we should be rejecting them. Someone should be fighting our corner. Its wrecking our season. We are in the course of playing 5 games in 14 days before a clean break for 14 days. Madness, bloody madness. No wonder our frigging season is coming off the rails.
Whoever is agreeing to these dates should be held accountable because, ultimately, they are responsible for putting too much pressure on the players, resulting in poor performances and 8 months of hard work being flushed down the loo.
I now fear we have a depleted and jaded squad, battered from pillar to post by a fixture schedule that shouldn't have been agreed and now facing our rampant rivals, gagging to take 3 points off us again.
I fear the Eagles will be too hot to handle and could run away with it. Hence 1-4.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Think Hull will beat forest Saturday which will leave us desperate for a win to get back in playoff spots and palace to not lose ground on the autos.

2-2 for me

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Every rational thought in my brain is screaming out that we'll take a battering. However, I have a strange feeling that we will snatch a cheeky 2-1 win. (No, I haven't been at the hot knives!)

Also, seeing as we will be forced to field a below full-strength team, I'm hoping that the rain that's forecast will help level things out a little (well, a lot if the truth be known!).

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
7-5 to us. Including 2 Murray OG.

Ok. 2-1 to Albion (I'm being optimistic.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here