Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2004 All over again?

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
The last (well, only) time Millwall reached the FA Cup Final, they played Man Utd in 2004. This could still happen - just potentially three games away from a repeat.

And on that day, I didnt watch the FA Cup Final because I was in a 7 hour queue for tickets for the Albion's Play-off Final in Cardiff. I joined the queue in Queens Road at 9:20 am - even at that time of the morning it snaked out of the ticket office, down toward the sea, then around the corner and up behind the row of shops, (ie around the block) and then back down to Queens Road.....
At 4:20 , exactly 7 hours later, I reached the counter, as Man Utd were scoring a penalty on the telly behind the ticket clerk.

So... the odds on Man Utd v Millwall FA Cup Final has shortened considerably, and we are STILL (despite a crappy three games) just outside the play off spots....

The facts are undeniable: WHenever Millwall play Man Utd in a Cup Final, Brighton get promoted in the Play offs!!

Cmon!!! :ascarf: ;-)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That's me sold.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
The last (well, only) time Millwall reached the FA Cup Final, they played Man Utd in 2004. This could still happen - just potentially three games away from a repeat.

And on that day, I didnt watch the FA Cup Final because I was in a 7 hour queue for tickets for the Albion's Play-off Final in Cardiff. I joined the queue in Queens Road at 9:20 am - even at that time of the morning it snaked out of the ticket office, down toward the sea, then around the corner and up behind the row of shops, (ie around the block) and then back down to Queens Road.....
At 4:20 , exactly 7 hours later, I reached the counter, as Man Utd were scoring a penalty on the telly behind the ticket clerk.

So... the odds on Man Utd v Millwall FA Cup Final has shortened considerably, and we are STILL (despite a crappy three games) just outside the play off spots....

The facts are undeniable: WHenever Millwall play Man Utd in a Cup Final, Brighton get promoted in the Play offs!!

Cmon!!! :ascarf: ;-)

I have fond memories of queueing up for hours at the Withdean Stadium for some play-off final tickets. Got near the front of the queue and the friend i was with said he only had a cheque book on him to pay for his allocation of tickets. Luckily my old man lived locally so dropped off some extra cash just in time. Some people :wrong:

You never know. Lightening might strike twice. Probably best not to try and remember who won the Championship play-off final that year :facepalm:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I qued for 8 poxy hours that day. Then when I finally got served, I was in and out in seconds. **** knows why it took so long.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Actually - the 7 hours was quite good fun ... there was a good atmosphere, the sun was shining, I got quite friendly with the people around me (whom I have never seen since, of course!) ... but all in all, as 7 hour queues go, it wasnt too bad. Plus I got to miss Man Utd winning the FA Cup, which is always a good thing to miss.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here