Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn v Millwall replay tonight

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I wonder if Millwall laid on free coaches for club members? Would've been a promising idea as their good vocal support could make the difference for them tonight.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Thought they had to wait 10 days before the replay ? Just kicked off and ground half empty

You've answered your own question. The 10 day period was brought in years ago so the police could have enough officers to control the crowd. As there wasn't any chance of a large crowd attending this game, the police don't need many officers in attendance would be my guess.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Thought they had to wait 10 days before the replay ? Just kicked off and ground half empty

If the ground is half empty thats sh1t loads for Blackburn. So far a mere 10,000 of their fans have watched them in the FA cup. They are probably the worse supported team in the competition.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You've answered your own question. The 10 day period was brought in years ago so the police could have enough officers to control the crowd. As there wasn't any chance of a large crowd attending this game, the police don't need many officers in attendance would be my guess.

I always thought that the 10 day rule was brought in by the police in order that they could arrange the overtime. Prior to this decision the replay was always the following Tuesday or Wednesday and a 2nd replay the next Monday with subsequent replays on Wednesday then Mon Wed etc until decided.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I always thought that the 10 day rule was brought in by the police in order that they could arrange the overtime. Prior to this decision the replay was always the following Tuesday or Wednesday and a 2nd replay the next Monday with subsequent replays on Wednesday then Mon Wed etc until decided.

Those were the days, seeing an FA Cup tie go to a 3rd or 4th Replay.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
ITV have yet to show Millwall in the FA Cup and won't show their semi-final with Wigan either with ESPN covering it. I think that's absolutely pathetic and a total lack of respect to a club punching above their weight and defying all the odds to get this far. Adrian Chiles was too busy having an orgasm over the possibility of Man City v Man Utd in the other semi-final.

Millwall 90 minutes away from Europe. It would be brilliant (and absolute mayhem!) if they drew Lazio or a Polish team in the Europa League having made the FA Cup final. Good luck to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here