Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Gough, Talksport - Our Squad Worth £31m Apparently!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Average wage 8k a week, Poyet not done much in management to merit Prem job the opinion of Gough and Durham. Expected us to be going for automatic promotion with our budget etc. etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How much did our squad cost? I'd guess at 8 million...

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I guess they are clueless and moronic too...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Average wage 8k a week, Poyet not done much in management to merit Prem job the opinion of Gough and Durham. Expected us to be going for automatic promotion with our budget etc. etc.

Where are those figures coming from? Or are they plucked out of their arse like the rest of their opinions? Only on the basis of the fact our entire staff wage bill is 14m, I don't think 8k p/w can be the average. Call me old-fashioned but simple mathematics tells me so.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Where are those figures coming from? Or are they plucked out of their arse like the rest of their opinions? Only on the basis of the fact our entire staff wage bill is 14m, I don't think 8k p/w can be the average. Call me old-fashioned but simple mathematics tells me so.

Yep

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I can't believe he said the squads, worth £31m,,it's not. But he is spot on about everything else. Unless your putting a £25m tag on Vicente, which is what he was worth. Now he aint worth a ****, if he don't feel like playing on a cold Tuesday night.

Mar 10, 2006
Just heard them talking about Poyet as well. Both seemed surprised that he's been linked with premiership jobs when in their opinion he's underachieving with us. As you said Goughie seemed to have all the facts and figures in front of him stating that the average wage is 8k aweek and the squad is valued at £31m. Both seemed staggered at these figures and commented on the fact that we've only won the same amount of games at home this season as Bristol City and that we should be in the play offs at a minimum if not going up automatically. From what they said it seems that they are under the impression that Gus has created this myth about himself and questioned whether Brighon fans are happy with him, Durham also sneaked in a comment regarding Gus opinion that the budget he's given is small compared to many other clubs in the division.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A few defeats and everyone panics and starts spouting shit.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Worth and cost are two different things entirely. Yes our squad is one of the best in the league, but I'd imagine it's not exactly high on the list of cost to compile it.

Brezovan - free?
Bruno - free
Greer - £300k?
Hammond - loan
Dunk - free
El-Abd - free
Hoskins - £500k
Crofts - £300k?
Barnes - £100k?
Dobbie - £500k max, pretty irrelevant anyway.
Orlandi - £300k?
Mackail-Smith - £2.5m
Calderon - free?
Vicente - free
Ankergen - free?
Dicker - free
Ulloa - £2m
Upson - loan
Lopez - free
Painter - free?
Agdestein - nominal
Lualua - £500k?
Bridcutt - free
Bridge - loan
Kuszczak - free
Buckley - £1m

Disclaimer: If I've said 'free?' and they're not, it's probably a nominal amount anyway.

£7m max. Not bad value if you ask me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely Google Ads has a Darren Gough/TalkSpite proviso.

If not Bozza needs to renegotiate.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Worth and cost are two different things entirely. Yes our squad is one of the best in the league, but I'd imagine it's not exactly high on the list of cost to compile it.

Brezovan - free?
Bruno - free
Greer - £300k?
Hammond - loan
Dunk - free
El-Abd - free
Hoskins - £500k
Crofts - £300k?
Barnes - £100k?
Dobbie - £500k max, pretty irrelevant anyway.
Orlandi - £300k?
Mackail-Smith - £2.5m
Calderon - free?
Vicente - free
Ankergen - free?
Dicker - free
Ulloa - £2m
Upson - loan
Lopez - free
Painter - free?
Agdestein - nominal
Lualua - £500k?
Bridcutt - free
Bridge - loan
Kuszczak - free
Buckley - £1m

Disclaimer: If I've said 'free?' and they're not, it's probably a nominal amount anyway.

£7m max. Not bad value if you ask me.

7.5 million. Not counting Dobbie. As I said on another thread that's less than 1 Jordan Rhodes. We certainly haven't spent mega money, so don't see why some posters think we definitely should be getting promoted this season? We should be top ten in my book. And are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here