Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes charged (updated: misses 7 matches!)

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
The FA | News Room - Barnes charged

Brighton & Hove Albion player charged in relation to dismissal

The FA has charged Brighton and Hove Albion’s Ashley Barnes following his side’s game against Bolton Wanderers on Saturday 9 March 2013.

It is alleged that Barnes’s behaviour in relation to the match official, for which the player was dismissed for violent conduct towards the end of the game, constituted an offence whereby the standard punishment that would otherwise apply was clearly insufficient.

Barnes has until 6pm on Thursday 14 March to respond to the charge.

Barnes is currently serving a four-match suspension following the red card, which includes an additional match for this being his second dismissal of the season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Having seen the video it was always going to happen but why such a short time to respond. What the club choose to do will be interesting

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Having seen the video it was always going to happen but why such a short time to respond. What the club choose to do will be interesting

I hope they hit Barnes with a massive fine. His behaviour is simply not good enough.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Barnes charged

Long ban please.

If I could believe this was because you care about the image of the game and the way it should be played I could see where you are coming from ..but I doubt that .it just seems part of your bitter agenda to this player.

As an aside if the player is found guilty then I hope the club take stern action as well

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I hope they hit Barnes with a massive fine. His behaviour is simply not good enough.

Maximum fine from the club is 2 weeks wages otherwise the PFA will step in and challenge it. If the club view his actions as gross misconduct they can terminate his contract. The FA can ban him for additional games and/or fine him for the charge of misconduct.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Barnes charged

Maximum fine from the club is 2 weeks wages otherwise the PFA will step in and challenge it. If the club view his actions as gross misconduct they can terminate his contract. The FA can ban him for additional games and/or fine him for the charge of misconduct.

Maybe anger management therapy as well

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Total prat who appears incapable of keeping his temper............or learning from past indiscretions.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Why does he have until the 14th when the other people who have been charged this week have until the 15th?

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
'Long ban please' - just what we need for one of our leading goal scorers and great all round players - not.

Massive fine - lets just knock the confidence out him instead - not.

We need him for gods sake, we need all our players! Why they wear Albion shirts get behind them! I can't say I think his actions were tollerable but supporting our players is supporting our players.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Which video Rookie ? the 2 i have seen show nothing at all conclusive .

I'm not saying that they were conclusive but as soon as a video came out which appeared to show what the ref had allegedly said they were always going to charge him. That is why it will be interesting to see what the club do about it

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
'Long ban please' - just what we need for one of our leading goal scorers and great all round players - not.

Massive fine - lets just knock the confidence out him instead - not.

We need him for gods sake, we need all our players! Why they wear Albion shirts get behind them! I can't say I think his actions were tollerable but supporting our players is supporting our players.

Barnes needs to show some respect to the supporters and fans who pay his wages and show some maturity on the field if he wishes to be respected in return. To act as he did when we were losing a game and desperately short of strikers shows a complete lack of concern for the club's needs, which is difficult to excuse.

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5569843 said:
How many games in addition to the four is he likely to miss? How many games do they usually add?

Under the punishment procedures the FA can ban him for at least 8 games as the offence involves an match official, and the charge would be "attempting to trip" (type of assault)

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I reckon it'll be a TEN gamer, which is no bad thing as:

1) You can't have players going round trying to trip up refs. An example should be made.
2) It MIGHT force Poyet to play two ATTACKING wingers. Which would be nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here