Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Please pay Darren Bent whatever he is being paid at Villa as a loan for the rest of the season. I'm sure he'd love to play some football at the moment and he would destroy at this level.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps we could have a whip round? 20k fans at a fiver a week should do it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If its that simple.... why don't you pay it.

th

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
although he does have a point, if all season ticket holders agree to pay an extra pound a week, will give the club an extra 20k a week, more than enough for a decent striker. job done :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What if half the first team have 'highest earner' clauses in their contacts?

That could get very expensive very very quickly.

Anyway I didn't think the striker was the problem, it's getting the ball to him quicker enough for him to have a shot.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What if half the first team have 'highest earner' clauses in their contacts?

That could get very expensive very very quickly.

Ah, but technically he would be employed by US.*

A bit like a co-op version of that Tevez/Mascherano thing a few years ago

*I mean us, not Uncle Spielberg. Though of course Uncle Spielberg would be involved, so I mean him too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How can half the first team be the highest earner? Surely only one of them can be the highest earner?
It's the Darren Anderton effect.

You have that clause in your contract.
You lay on the physio's bed for all but a handful of games.
You get wind of Les Ferdinand's contract.
You send someone into Sir Alan pointing out the clause and demand £10k a week more.
You and Les are now on equal 'highest wages', only Les has to run about while you retire back to the physio bed.

You're happy, you're agents happy, Sir Alan cardiologist is happy, and Sir Alan walks away from Soccerball.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Please pay Darren Bent whatever he is being paid at Villa as a loan for the rest of the season. I'm sure he'd love to play some football at the moment and he would destroy at this level.

Staying dowm mate get used to it,i also thought the club had ambitions for promotion,but by failing to sign strikers in August they proved lack of ambition or they had there heads in the sand, thinking 40,000 pound barnes and McSmudger were going to score enough goals to get the job done.Look on the bright side you wont need a season ticket next season you will be able to sit where you like

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Staying dowm mate get used to it,i also thought the club had ambitions for promotion,but by failing to sign strikers in August they proved lack of ambition or they had there heads in the sand, thinking 40,000 pound barnes and McSmudger were going to score enough goals to get the job done.Look on the bright side you wont need a season ticket next season you will be able to sit where you like

I don't mind staying down. We have no divine right to go up this season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You really are a fool.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here