Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Poyet known to be keen' on Reading job

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Zzzz. Already a thread on this. Probably done by a Palace fan. Move on.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
So, please cut-and-paste the text into this thread...

Paolo Di Canio remains the bookmakers' favourite, while Roberto Di Matteo and Gus Poyet are also in contention.

Former Swindon Town manager Di Canio told BBC Sport last Friday he was ready to manage in the Premier League, while Brighton boss Poyet is also known to be keen.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Paolo Di Canio remains the bookmakers' favourite, while Roberto Di Matteo and Gus Poyet are also in contention.

Former Swindon Town manager Di Canio told BBC Sport last Friday he was ready to manage in the Premier League, while Brighton boss Poyet is also known to be keen.

That quote says Poyet is known to be keen to manage in the Premier League, it says nothing about Poyet being keen to manage Reading at all. Poyet has made no secret of his desire to manage at that level.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Maybe it's time Gus moved on

I'm not saying he has taken us as far as he can yet, however we aren't really moving forward at the moment and maybe it's a good time for us and for him to part company.

He is obviously massively ambitious and happy to state his intentions regarding his future career, however so are the club and we have to consider if Gus is matching our ambition rather than the other way round.

The perception is that he has us having to keep up with his thirst for the premier league, I'm now thinking we need to appoint someone who is able to keep up with us and start a new era at the club.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Way off the mark.
Anyone looking at this club has to ask the following questions.
1) How ambitious are they when they barely spent any money in the summer, propping up a squad of Championship quality.
2) Zingarevich may be the new owner but has changed very little from the ' prudent ' days of John Madjewski. There is a consensus of opinion that his wealth is nowhere near that reported.
3) Irregular income/cash flow. When in the Prem, no problem, playing to gates of 24,000. Back in the Championship its down to 12-14,000. Fickle and not hugely loyal fans.
4) The treatment of Brian McDermott. 13 years at the club and sacked with 9 games to go. Timing appalling. If you're going down, work out who the best person is to get you back again, quickly.
5) Zingarevich's wife. No normal male could carry out his duties with her walking about.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Maybe it's time Gus moved on

I'm not saying he has taken us as far as he can yet, however we aren't really moving forward at the moment and maybe it's a good time for us and for him to part company.

He is obviously massively ambitious and happy to state his intentions regarding his future career, however so are the club and we have to consider if Gus is matching our ambition rather than the other way round.

The perception is that he has us having to keep up with his thirst for the premier league, I'm now thinking we need to appoint someone who is able to keep up with us and start a new era at the club.

My Championship league table MUST be wrong. I didn't realise I was reading it upside down.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
5) Zingarevich's wife. No normal male could carry out his duties with her walking about.

Blimey, I'd carry her kit bag.

katsia-z-new-face-of-victorias-secret.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Way off the mark.
Anyone looking at this club has to ask the following questions.
1) How ambitious are they when they barely spent any money in the summer, propping up a squad of Championship quality.
2) Zingarevich may be the new owner but has changed very little from the ' prudent ' days of John Madjewski. There is a consensus of opinion that his wealth is nowhere near that reported.
3) Irregular income/cash flow. When in the Prem, no problem, playing to gates of 24,000. Back in the Championship its down to 12-14,000. Fickle and not hugely loyal fans.
4) The treatment of Brian McDermott. 13 years at the club and sacked with 9 games to go. Timing appalling. If you're going down, work out who the best person is to get you back again, quickly.

Point five is particularly relevant ..good post!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here