Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't care about next seasons kit.........

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I am more bothered that in the post match interview Gus seemed to be saying we have exhuasted all options for a new striker! Worrying if true!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Who needs a new striker? We have George Barker, and if he's not quite up to it, then we have Toby Agdestein. If HE'S not up to it, then we can just lob someone up front and hope for the best. Like Buckley, who has so far proven extremely inept at playing through the middle.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I agree to a point but i think IF Gus and Tony can pull off a decent loan signing it could well be the little boost we all need going into Palace.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I agree to a point but i think IF Gus and Tony can pull off a decent loan signing it could well be the little boost we all need going into Palace.

I think we just need to man the Google up a little bit and stop moaning.

I'm not having a pop at you personally, it's just an attitude which has crept into this forum recently.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
It's certainly not my intention to add to the negative nellies on this board. I believe Gus will get it right, I guess I am just saying all this bull people are spouting about the bloody kit for next season we should be more concerned with supporting the team this season. I just would like a proven striker to help us get to the play offs where are football this season should have us.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think you're making the mistake of actually BELIEVING what Gus is saying. Time and time again, he – or someone at the club – comes out with something, and then the opposite happens.

I'm not saying that there is someone lined up, or anything, just that I'd take with a pinch of salt what is said to/through the press.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think you're making the mistake of actually BELIEVING what Gus is saying. Time and time again, he – or someone at the club – comes out with something, and then the opposite happens.

I'm not saying that there is someone lined up, or anything, just that I'd take with a pinch of salt what is said to/through the press.

To be fair he's been consistent for two years regarding strikers, it must be hard to attract them considering its a strikers graveyard.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
To be fair he's been consistent for two years regarding strikers, it must be hard to attract them considering its a strikers graveyard.

Yes Ulloa's 6 Goals in 10 games is piss poor isn't it? He was also the one that got Murray scoring over a whole season. Turned Barnes into decent striker in League One and then a very useful utility player in Championship and to be fair CMS has at least hit double figures in both seasons with us. Can hardly be blamed for Hoskins getting injured either can he.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
To be honest, I don't think Mr Bloomwill put another penny in for transfers this season and I don't blame him in the slightest.
I think we'll have to either make do with the resources we have or find an incredibly generous loan deal.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes Ulloa's 6 Goals in 10 games is piss poor isn't it? He was also the one that got Murray scoring over a whole season. Turned Barnes into decent striker in League One and then a very useful utility player in Championship and to be fair CMS has at least hit double figures in both seasons with us. Can hardly be blamed for Hoskins getting injured either can he.

Murray has averaged .4 goals per game throughout his career not just the one season.
Turned an average player into 20 goal striker and has then played him in a position many many people can't understand.
Turned CMS from a free running, free scoring striker in to a headless frustrated player.
Brings on a youthful Agdestein, a striker, and plays him out wide left.
Puts strikers on the bench then plays a mid-fielder on his own upfront.
Has a game changer winger who now suffers from piles due to the amount of time spent sitting down.
Gives Barnes chance after chance, plays Hoskins one game then drops him.
Makes interesting statements like "I don't believe in confidence only ability, simple", and that's is worrying.
Stated regularly he needed a striker to compliment CMS but then never plays them together.
Played games where we haven't even created a chance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You don't care about the new kit? Just as well given its rubbish.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here