Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remember Southampton at home last season?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Everyone thought we would get stuffed what with the plague of injuries and suspensions and then we beat um 3-0 with pretty much our second squad - hopefully history will repeat itself on Sunday!
Keeping the faith until its all over in my corner:albion2:

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yeh but in Poyet's own words, he cares more about southampton than he does about Palace. I struggle to believe he will have the players sufficiently motivated (again).

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Remember there was nothing in it until El Abd got Lambert sent off? Our only chance was for him to get both Murray and Zaha sent off on Sunday, but that's gone now.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Everyone thought we would get stuffed what with the plague of injuries and suspensions and then we beat um 3-0 with pretty much are second squad - hopefully history will repeat itself on Sunday!

World class avatar. :bowdown: :lolol:

Decent post. We're not playing badly, not at all. We've had 3 really tough away games and it's easy to be all doom and gloom considering how they have gone.

Life goes on, the Albion have another game on sunday. Onwards and upwards.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Its not about beating them head to head, its about where we finish in the league compared to them...

If we both finish in the playoffs but we win the head to head then we've had the better season at that point, no question.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
World class avatar. :bowdown: :lolol:

Decent post. We're not playing badly, not at all. We've had 3 really tough away games and it's easy to be all doom and gloom considering how they have gone.

Life goes on, the Albion have another game on sunday. Onwards and upwards.

haha its great - i made a new account so i could have it - we've met before on here.... something about a flannel being wet?:lolol::whistle:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was very confident before Southampton. Not that we'd win, particularly, but that anything can happen in football, and that it could be our day.

I am very downhearted about Sunday, and all I can see is Palace putting 3 or 4 past us.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Everyone thought we would get stuffed what with the plague of injuries and suspensions and then we beat um 3-0 with pretty much our second squad - hopefully history will repeat itself on Sunday!
Yeah, the same thought had crossed my mind, darkest hour comes before dawn and all that. Also before Palace had the honour of being the first visiting team to win a league game at the Amex they'd just lost 2-1 to the bottom club Doncaster. It's a funny old game football, hopefully we'll be bouncing this thread on Sunday evening saying "Told you!" to all the Moaning Minnies and Dismal Desmonds doubting our ability to bounce back.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was very confident before Southampton. Not that we'd win, particularly, but that anything can happen in football, and that it could be our day.

I am very downhearted about Sunday, and all I can see is Palace putting 3 or 4 past us.

I was confident before Southampton as well. Hadn't we just lost 2-0 at Coventry (the bottom club) or something to give them their first win in ages? Can't remember offhand, but I do remember saying (not on here sadly otherwise I'd bounce the thread) that we'd beat Southampton because that's the way football 'works', and also it's typical Brighton.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It's not even in the same stratosphere as to the crisis which faced us pre Southampton. We still injuries included have a good enough squad to deal with Palace. Plus we owe them one. I can see something special happening Sunday.
Be optimistic it's Palace not Barcelona!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Yes but we have almost no chance of getting above them. And if we don't win Sunday there is entirely no chance.

I was only posting what Gus said in the week before we last played them.

Personally I would much rather give them a hiding and finish above them, unfortunately I don't think we will do either.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Gus was forced to play JFC and Matt Sparrow due to the dire situation and lo and behold, they got all 3 goals between them. We also got lucky with the Lallana shot over the line and the Lambert sending off. It managed to kickstart us again...good run/slump/good run/slump....to be repeated ad nauseum.
There will be no kickstart v Palace or Forest. Both will be too hot to hold. Do well to get 1 point from these two games.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It's not even in the same stratosphere as to the crisis which faced us pre Southampton. We still injuries included have a good enough squad to deal with Palace. Plus we owe them one. I can see something special happening Sunday.
Be optimistic it's Palace not Barcelona!
This. The bookmaking professionals have us as 5/4 to win (close to 50/50) - they are 7/4 to win (close to 1 in 3 probability).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I seem to remember that we were all fairly pessimistic about getting anything away at Ipswich back in January when they were top of the form league.

I don't think that AEA is a huge loss with Greer now available. Assuming that Bridge is available, we've got a strong squad to pick from and no real weak points.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
This. The bookmaking professionals have us as 5/4 to win (close to 50/50) - they are 7/4 to win (close to 1 in 3 probability).

Against Southampton we were 6/1! Which was great value but probably about right. I just don't get why people are so downbeat about our prospects, it's like we have them on some over inflated pedestal.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Yes but we have almost no chance of getting above them. And if we don't win Sunday there is entirely no chance.

We don't need to go above them. If we get good results against Palace, Leicester, forest and Boro there is every chance we could finish one place below Palace in 5th to set up a play off semi final against them.Then it becomes a lottery

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here