Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minimum alcohol pricing

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Ole condom head keeps bleating on about how you can buy a can of Beer in the supermarket for 25p, would anyone, even the alcoholics drink this shit.

sl.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It probably tastes the same as Fosters.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ole condom head keeps bleating on about how you can buy a can of Beer in the supermarket for 25p,

its ironic as it devalues their case distracts their arguement. they should focus on the cheap high strength cider and the cheap spirits, where their might be an impact. the whole idea is daft either way, alcoholics arent going to be put off by a £9 bottle of vodka going up to £11. meanwhile 10s of millions of sensible people will pay £2 more for a pack of beer for the weekend as the breweries and retailers use it as excuse to push up prices and margins.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Hope the government do drop this minimum price crap. Something needs to be done about the levels of alcohol consumption in this country, especially in teenagers, but slapping more tax on Alcohol, is a lazy and very convenient way for the government to raise even more revenue on a already over burdened general public.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently it will not affect the price for a pint or wine in the pubs so how will this minimum price be controlled and who will pocket the extra money, the government or Tesco etc.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Absolutely unreal if the gov drop the minimium price plans, as it is so blatant both that it is needed and that it will work. If they crumble on this, it will show a real weakness and desperation to scrape any support possible.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Cameron was crapping on about putting a stop to 'supermarkets selling cans of lager for 25p'
Now what I need to know is where he does his shopping- and I need to know now!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ole condom head keeps bleating on about how you can buy a can of Beer in the supermarket for 25p, would anyone, even the alcoholics drink this shit.

View attachment 40247

A colleague of mine dealt with a bloke last week who was drinking screenwash, so yes, yes they would.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Absolutely unreal if the gov drop the minimium price plans, as it is so blatant both that it is needed and that it will work. If they crumble on this, it will show a real weakness and desperation to scrape any support possible.

Genuine question this fella, do you honestly think making alcohol more expensive will help reduce the problems we have associated with alcohol in this country? I feel it won't. Hardened drinkers will still pay over the odds, the smuggling trade will go through the roof and more and more harmful counterfeit booze will flood the market. Surely the emphasis should be on education and tighter laws and controls on corner shops selling booze to underage punters.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
LATEST NEWS.........The government have done another U Turn and dropped the idea:rave::drink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
LATEST NEWS.........The government have done another U Turn and dropped the idea:rave::drink:

Were they worried the working class Tory vote is being lost to UKIP ?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It's all about White Ace.

3 Litres for £3.99 at 7.5%. Three litres is as much as anyone could ever want, and I strongly recommend not doing that quantity in one session if you value your dignity.

135412775258.jpg

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
A colleague of mine dealt with a bloke last week who was drinking screenwash, so yes, yes they would.

That sounds more like a mental health issue or was he/she drunk and thought they were drinking white lightning?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
It's all about White Ace.

3 Litres for £3.99 at 7.5%. Three litres is as much as anyone could ever want, and I strongly recommend not doing that quantity in one session if you value your dignity.

135412775258.jpg

When I was 15 I drank 3 litres of this....

5407F07D-CF91-4FE9-B81C-69436FF07FBE-1835-000000D9F03B62F8_zps1f45f7d6.jpg

I was so violently ill my eyes were blood shot for a week. I didn't drink for a month after and didnt even dare drink cider again until last summer, which is 19 years later.

This stuff if the problem, a good strong cider such as Westons is already within minimum pricing as its a premium brand.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
When I was 15 I drank 3 litres of this....

5407F07D-CF91-4FE9-B81C-69436FF07FBE-1835-000000D9F03B62F8_zps1f45f7d6.jpg

I was so violently ill my eyes were blood shot for a week. I didn't drink for a month after and didnt even dare drink cider again until last summer, which is 19 years later.

This stuff if the problem, a good strong cider such as Westons is already within minimum pricing as its a premium brand.

My eyes have a beautiful blood-shot tint to them near permanently these days, if I don't go out for a week or so I've had people genuinely ask me if I'm wearing contact lenses because my eyes proper colour comes through :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That sounds more like a mental health issue or was he/she drunk and thought they were drinking white lightning?

It's not uncommon. People have been known to try & drink all sorts- the alcohol hand gel you find in hospitals springs to mind. If you're a chronic alcoholic, you may be desperate enough to drink anything. I'd imagine your taste buds are probably shot anyway if you've spent 20 years knocking back 3 bottles of vodka a day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here