Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet wants OUT

Brilliant, just before what I class as the biggest game of the season, after a couple of pretty poor results and performances this gets published.

I hate the Mail.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Let me guess, reporter is a Palace fan?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting comments there.

A big mistake if Gus takes this move. Best to take Brighton up and then decide.
- abspurs , Denia, 13/3/2013 07:40

Why would he want to leave a club where he has a great relationship with the Chairman to go to a Club where the Chairman doesn't want to invest in improving the Squad and fires You after how many months
- Rolivan , Lorient, 12/3/2013 22:25

Why would he leave Brighton to go to a smaller club.
- Terry Exelby , City of York, 13/3/2013 06:02

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I opened the thread thinking we were after a new loan striker

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And having read the article, it's an absolute NOTHING piece. No idea why Poyet is the focus, bizarre.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Total non story.

Move on. Nothing to see

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hang ON, this thread was CREATED by Ernest YET there isn't an ABUNDANCE of words in capitals THROUGHOUT. What is GOING on?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
They let themselves down as soon as they said about being closer to London, whoever made that up is seriously stupid seeing as he live in SE london which is much closer to Brighton.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Gus lives near the M25 doesnt he ? So close to London in fact that his son actually plays for Charlton.

Just a story trying to stir it up - nothing more, nothing less - The Mirror are running a similar story too. This does have a massive whiff of what happened at Wolves last year too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Which is the easier journey am and pm Chelsfield around M25 to Heathrow and then M4 to Reading or M25/M23 to Brighton I know which I would prefer to make every day.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
"A source close to Poyet", eh? I have a vision in my mind of a couple of Mail hacks turning up on the doorstep; & shouting out leading questions - in order to get the Poyet family Dog to bark his affirmative responses. :rolleyes:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If Gus does go, and I dont really want him to, I think Di Matteo would be a superb alternative. He has the profile, has the track record, has the contacts,... in fact I believe he would be almost a mirror image in terms of credentials if not playing style. Di Canio would be a disaster, he is an unstable influence that would bring more problems than solutions,... in my view anyway.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gus will not want a relegation on his CV.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Regardless of everything else, there is no way he would go there while the carrot of the Chelsea job is dangling, and people (OK Ray Wilkins) are talking him up as a genuine contender.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wasn't it the Mail that at the weekend re the Barnes sending off repeated the same interview he gave on the first sending off? Daily S*** more like

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here