Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Form Tables

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Too many people look at the actual league table and use that as some kind of guide as to who we should beat. This league is not as easy as that.

The home form of the 3 teams we have just played is in the top 10 of the league. Bristol City and Bolton are 1 and 2 over the last 6 games.

Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 09.47.04.png

For the full form table, each of the 3 teams we've played away are in the top 10.

Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 09.49.19.png

1 point from 9 is very disappointing, but we are still very much in the mix.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Precisely! We have been very unlucky to have 3 away fixtures in 7 days and all of them to be against teams in fine form. We have been a bit unlucky with the run of fixtures we've had at times this season, in terms of playing teams when they've been in form. You can look at it as being an irrelevance, which it is, but there's more to the story than the final score.

That being said, the final score is the only thing which really counts but I'm not crying because we're 7th in the Championship. We are very handily placed and we still have the teams around us to play. If we're good enough, we'll be in that top 6. If we're not, then we'll get what we deserve and we'll go again next season as a top end Championship club. Hard times?!...

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Our next 2 games are against the 4th and 5th in that form table so after 1 pt from 15 will we still be very much in the mix?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If we're good enough, we'll be in that top 6. If we're not, then we'll get what we deserve and we'll go again next season as a top end Championship club. Hard times?!...
Post of the week.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That being said, the final score is the only thing which really counts but I'm not crying because we're 7th in the Championship. We are very handily placed and we still have the teams around us to play. If we're good enough, we'll be in that top 6. If we're not, then we'll get what we deserve and we'll go again next season as a top end Championship club. Hard times?!...

Sums it up nicely. If we're good enough, we'll make it. If we're not, we won't. Simple as that. No drama, no whinging and moaning like spoilt children.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good post Bold Seagull. Nice to put things into perspective.

My main complaint for the last 3 games is our lack of shots at Bristol (and we drew that one). We were thrashed by the odd goal in the other two.

It's a shame that Palace and Forest are in form but there's not a lot we can do about that.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Only problem with the argument is that form is variable ... a team goes on a bit of a run and they are right up there and then can crash down the next minute (Boro, Leics) and the other way round too (Brizzle, Barnsley)

The "ultimate" test of form is the League table but more than form I think consistency is the real key. We haven't really shown enough of it .... so in my opinion it's nothing much to do with the team we are playing it's how well we play. As is often said anyone can beat anyone ... and if we're on top of our game we can beat anyone and be where Baadiff are today

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Only problem with the argument is that form is variable ... a team goes on a bit of a run and they are right up there and then can crash down the next minute (Boro, Leics) and the other way round too (Brizzle, Barnsley)

The "ultimate" test of form is the League table but more than form I think consistency is the real key. We haven't really shown enough of it .... so in my opinion it's nothing much to do with the team we are playing it's how well we play. As is often said anyone can beat anyone ... and if we're on top of our game we can beat anyone and be where Baadiff are today

Cardiff are a good example though, as this has been their 5th or 6th season pushing for play-offs / promotion. They are an experienced Championship outfit. They have been in this league for just over a decade.

We're surrounded by hardened championship teams, many of whom have had a stint in the Premier League in the meantime. On the whole I think we're doing pretty well. Report card is probably marked 'could do better', but on the whole this teacher* is happy enough with the progress. :thumbsup:

*I'm not actually a teacher....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good post Bold Seagull. Nice to put things into perspective.

My main complaint for the last 3 games is our lack of shots at Bristol (and we drew that one). We were thrashed by the odd goal in the other two.

It's a shame that Palace and Forest are in form but there's not a lot we can do about that.

I agree nicely put. We can, however, do something about Palace and Forest. BEAT them. Their positions in the form table will drop, like Barnsley, Bolton and Bristol City rose, and we we will rise.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree nicely put. We can, however, do something about Palace and Forest. BEAT them. Their positions in the form table will drop, like Barnsley, Bolton and Bristol City rose, and we we will rise.

Oh, I am with you. I meant to say we can't help playing CP & NF when they are in good form but we can definitely do something about it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Cardiff are a good example though, as this has been their 5th or 6th season pushing for play-offs / promotion. They are an experienced Championship outfit. They have been in this league for just over a decade.

We're surrounded by hardened championship teams, many of whom have had a stint in the Premier League in the meantime. On the whole I think we're doing pretty well. Report card is probably marked 'could do better', but on the whole this teacher* is happy enough with the progress. :thumbsup:

*I'm not actually a teacher....

We did play Cardiff when our form wasn't great and it gave us a bit of a kick start and I've long held the view that length of stay in this division isn't of great significance. Leeds, Leics, Forest, Ipswich, Derby etc have all been around for a while and had fairly decent budgets to work with.

But I take the point on form but for me the biggest two ingredients to success are consistency and luck. We have suffered with some bad luck this season, as well as bad performances too but for me we are a much improved team to last year, regardless of our finishing league position

I'm really disappointed by our failure to push on these last 3 games but I've not given up hope and if we don't make the play offs I won't regard it as failure. We'll make 3 or 4 key signings in the summer our squad will be stronger and I'll be uber confident next season

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
We did play Cardiff when our form wasn't great and it gave us a bit of a kick start and I've long held the view that length of stay in this division isn't of great significance. Leeds, Leics, Forest, Ipswich, Derby etc have all been around for a while and had fairly decent budgets to work with.

But I take the point on form but for me the biggest two ingredients to success are consistency and luck. We have suffered with some bad luck this season, as well as bad performances too but for me we are a much improved team to last year, regardless of our finishing league position

I'm really disappointed by our failure to push on these last 3 games but I've not given up hope and if we don't make the play offs I won't regard it as failure. We'll make 3 or 4 key signings in the summer our squad will be stronger and I'll be uber confident next season

If you consider inconsistency has to be consistent to be a consideration that consistency is considered a consideration. Got lost there :ascarf:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I remember the currant bun always having form tables midweek (last 6 games)

used to base my weekend bets around it,completely ignoring the actual table

had a fair few pick ups too,with decent prices,particularly in the sweatie sock footie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here