Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luck.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Have we had any at all this season? No luck with injuries and suspensions, even the fixture list seemed against us. I can't remember a season where if a ball broke loose it always fell to the opposition. I know Gus and the players have made mistakes but it just feels like we were just not meant to succeed this year. Roll on next season.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We have quite an old squad and I think that explains the injury problems. There are plenty of games that we should have won but the fact we didn't is more down to our wastefulness in front of goal rather than bad luck. The most annoying thing is throughout the season we have looked close to being a really good side but we just don't seem to be able to win games when it really matters.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rather than bad luck I'd suggest that we are too predictable and therefore to easy to knock out of our stride, only having a plan A has a big part in our bad luck imo.

There are some very good managers in this division who suss us out, credit it where it's due.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Have we had any at all this season? No luck with injuries and suspensions, even the fixture list seemed against us. I can't remember a season where if a ball broke loose it always fell to the opposition. I know Gus and the players have made mistakes but it just feels like we were just not meant to succeed this year. Roll on next season.

I was saying the same to the bloke that sits behind us, if there's a bar or post around its getting hit !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We have quite an old squad and I think that explains the injury problems. There are plenty of games that we should have won but the fact we didn't is more down to our wastefulness in front of goal rather than bad luck. The most annoying thing is throughout the season we have looked close to being a really good side but we just don't seem to be able to win games when it really matters.

I think that also comes with the players we have bought...Orlandi, Lopez, Vicente, crofts, Bruno were all players who were bought having come off long term injuries and the management thinks / thought they could rehabilitate them and get the best out of them, which by and large they have. Certainly we wouldn't get within a million miles of Vicente if he was fully fit, and Orlandi at his peak with Swansea virtually took them up on his own.

This is where I think it is folly as a club, and not a Gus dig, to not bring on the young players from the development squad, rather go out and buy players.

Having said that I wonder if it is time to try the young Latvian defender for a while?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here