Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DONT PANIC! the play offs still realistic

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
its all in our own hands.
cant be dealing with all this doom and gloom.lets be positive.

win at home and draw away then we make it.

any other screw ups from now on in make it a hard target.

it starts this sunday.......3 points against the vehicular challenged is a must.

lets get behind the boys for the final push.........COME ON!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
wise words mate

spring is around the corner, the spaniardos will ping the ball around with added pizazz in the warmer weather. no more miserable northern away trips. we'll finish 5th

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have always been optimistic. However the playoffs are no longer realistic. The last 3 results are not the form of a play off chasing side.

We have made progress this season. Not making the play offs this season will not be failure. The team are building and will be stronger next season.

However i am disappointed that we haven't seized the opportunity with both hands. We had done the hard work and got ourselves into a strong position. 3 or more points from the last 3 games would have cemented us in the play off positions.
I thought that was an achievable target. It wasn't. Gutted to say the least.

Hopefully it will inspire a better performance and result on Sunday.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This thread addresses our Achilles Heel and gives me a tingle of optimism!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have always been optimistic. However the playoffs are no longer realistic. The last 3 results are not the form of a play off chasing side.

We have made progress this season. Not making the play offs this season will not be failure. The team are building and will be stronger next season.

However i am disappointed that we haven't seized the opportunity with both hands. We had done the hard work and got ourselves into a strong position. 3 or more points from the last 3 games would have cemented us in the play off positions.
I thought that was an achievable target. It wasn't. Gutted to say the least.

Hopefully it will inspire a better performance and result on Sunday.

I agree with everything but the opening sentence of that. We can still do it, it is just looking less likely than it did three games ago.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We're 1 point off with nine games remaining. Are you seriously saying the playoffs aren't realistic? Madness!

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying the situation is impossible. I believe it is still possible. Recent form has changed my opinion that the playoffs are realistic (i.e. What is most likely) to being something that requires a definite change in direction to achieve.
The next 9 games are going to be very challenging indeed. To my mind we needed to be in the playoff positions to keep track on the other clubs that are beginning to pick up a head of steam.... Forest, Bolton, etc.
Had we done this then our target would have been to hold our own against the challengers. Now we have to do better than them. Possible certainly. Just not the most likely scenario given the games we now have left.

Hope I 'm as wrong in my pessimistic view, as I was in my optimistic view.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
its all in our own hands.
cant be dealing with all this doom and gloom.lets be positive.

win at home and draw away then we make it.

any other screw ups from now on in make it a hard target.

it starts this sunday.......3 points against the vehicular challenged is a must.

lets get behind the boys for the final push.........COME ON!

Goalscorers names please

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here