Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings Barnsley

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
PIG 5: Could do little about either goal, one regulation save to make for rest of match
Bruno 6: Looked good going boh forward and back, a shame he was injured.
Calde 6: Left back, right back, right wing, ended up looking like Monty Panesar with a turban on his head for the second half. Gave his all.
El Abd 2: Casual for the first goal, stupid for the second, culpable for both. Kept hoofing the ball upfield to start attacks, it was like 2006 all over again.
Upson 4:Very lucky the referee did not award a penalty for pulling a Barnsley player in first half. Won a few in the air, not interested in the ball at his feet.
Bridcutt 4: Poorest game in an Albion shirt, gave the ball away incessantly.
Hammond 6: Tidy but ineffective
Orlandi 6: Good triangles on the left with Calde first half, had our only meaningful shot in second half (after from goal & pen)
Spanish Dave 5: Not his usual self, very quiet, but shame he was not on the pitch for the penalty
Buckley 3: Jumps like a girl, pushed off the ball easily, had two chances in the first half and neither on target, which had they fallen to Barnes would have produced a lynch mob afterwards
Ulloa 6: Took goal well, feeding on scraps too often, falls over too easily.

Subs
KLL 7: Looked great for 15 minutes until Barnsley doubled up on him, but a threat all the same
Crofts 5: Ponderous and forgettable.
Barker 5: Looked a bit lightweight, missed with a header late on.

Listening to Barnsley fans after the game, they were impressed with our possession football, and said we passed them off the park, (although I thought we were poor by our own standards in this regard) but we weren't prepared to scrap for victory, thinks that sums it up.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Agree.

In fact Upson himself seemed to stop after pulling back the Barnsley player, almost waiting for the penalty to be given. Looked very shakey at the back at times, still not convinced about Bruno defensively, if it were me i'd have Calde at right back (MOM for me today) and bring Bridge (assuming he's fit) back in at left back on current form.

Ulloa looks like he'll have exactly the same problems as CMS. He's feeding off scraps. As for Buckley, worrying, seems to have completely lost all confidence. He had a situation in the first half where he was one on one with his full back, with ACRES of space to knock it and run, but he did nothing. If he'd have beaten him he'd have been 1 on 1 with the keeper, also missed two very good chances first half.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ulloa looks like he'll have exactly the same problems as CMS.
Which begs the question:-

At what point does the blame start to lay elsewhere?

All our different strikers can't all have the same problem.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
What about the Barnsley player already booked fouls KLL from behind should he have gone . That's when you need bit of luck? Now we must win on Sunday. The pressure is building by only taking 1 point from 9. Come on the Albion. Lets get behind them on Sunday.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
PIG 5: Could do little about either goal, one regulation save to make for rest of match
Bruno 6: Looked good going boh forward and back, a shame he was injured.
Calde 6: Left back, right back, right wing, ended up looking like Monty Panesar with a turban on his head for the second half. Gave his all.
El Abd 2: Casual for the first goal, stupid for the second, culpable for both. Kept hoofing the ball upfield to start attacks, it was like 2006 all over again.
Upson 4:Very lucky the referee did not award a penalty for pulling a Barnsley player in first half. Won a few in the air, not interested in the ball at his feet.
Bridcutt 4: Poorest game in an Albion shirt, gave the ball away incessantly.
Hammond 6: Tidy but ineffective
Orlandi 6: Good triangles on the left with Calde first half, had our only meaningful shot in second half (after from goal & pen)
Spanish Dave 5: Not his usual self, very quiet, but shame he was not on the pitch for the penalty
Buckley 3: Jumps like a girl, pushed off the ball easily, had two chances in the first half and neither on target, which had they fallen to Barnes would have produced a lynch mob afterwards
Ulloa 6: Took goal well, feeding on scraps too often, falls over too easily.

Subs
KLL 7: Looked great for 15 minutes until Barnsley doubled up on him, but a threat all the same
Crofts 5: Ponderous and forgettable.
Barker 5: Looked a bit lightweight, missed with a header late on.

Listening to Barnsley fans after the game, they were impressed with our possession football, and said we passed them off the park, (although I thought we were poor by our own standards in this regard) but we weren't prepared to scrap for victory, thinks that sums it up.

Great review

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Which begs the question:-

At what point does the blame start to lay elsewhere?

All our different strikers can't all have the same problem.

Exactly. I honestly see it being no different, only slight change is Ulloa may win a bit more in the air, whereas CMS had the pace to run onto things when the ball gets in behind. Shame, as when he's involved Ulloa looks a very good player, but with one up top he very rarely can get involved. Starting to feel it's a flaw in the system, not the players within it.

Andy Naylor said Lua Lua changed game for Albion when he came on?

He did. He was willing to run at players, something Buckley for some reason seemed petrified to do all night, despite numerous oppurtunities. Delap arguably should've been sent off for numerous fouls on him after already being booked, and he had a couple of shots which nearly earnt us a point. If he doesn't play some part on Saturday then god knows what's going through Gus' head.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Someone might need to check my maths on this, it was a little complicated...

Average Match Ratings

Bruno 6.00 (62mins)
Calderon 6.00
Hammond 6.00 (80mins)
Orlandi 6.00
Ulloa 6.00
David Lopez 5.00 (58mins)
Kuszczak 5.00
Bridcutt 4.00
Upson 4.00
Buckley 3.00
El Abd 2.00

Subs
Lualua 7.00 (37mins)
Barker 5.00 (15mins)
Crofts 5.00 (33mins)

Team Average 5.00

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Someone might need to check my maths on this, it was a little complicated...

Average Match Ratings

Bruno 6.00 (62mins)
Calderon 6.00
Hammond 6.00 (80mins)
Orlandi 6.00
Ulloa 6.00
David Lopez 5.00 (58mins)
Kuszczak 5.00
Bridcutt 4.00
Upson 4.00
Buckley 3.00
El Abd 2.00

Subs
Lualua 7.00 (37mins)
Barker 5.00 (15mins)
Crofts 5.00 (33mins)

Team Average 5.00

Was Bridders really that bad?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Was Bridders really that bad?

Only one person rated. :lolol: Difficult for there to be an average to be fair.

[MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] could add a little bit more context maybe? Or atleast get a second set of ratings! After his desparate attempts to make sure everyone knew that he was going to be there, he might as well contribute.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have you been doing this all season? Fair play to you either way, makes for interesting reading (this one less so!).

If you're keeping them on record will be particularly interesting reading the overall averages at the end of the season.

I am. I've given updates in a few previous ratings threads when asked for them.

nsc motm 37 games.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here