Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life is great with Gus at the helm

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007
What I cannot believe is how fickle some supporters seem to be. A few weeks ago we beat Cardiff and everything was rosy. We get a couple home wins and a draw against Blackburn. 4 wins and a draw I think.
Suddenly all the things that were going our way ie penalty against Huddersfield are starting to go against us.
Some supporters need to wake up and smell the coffee

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You would notice that many of those being fickle/deluded werent posting when we beat Cardiff and Huddersfield - says it all really. They thrive on our failure like utter morons - some anyway.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What I cannot believe is how fickle some supporters seem to be. A few weeks ago we beat Cardiff and everything was rosy. We get a couple home wins and a draw against Blackburn. 4 wins and a draw I think.
Suddenly all the things that were going our way ie penalty against Huddersfield are starting to go against us.

I'm certainly not fickle and have said for a long time he is the wrong person.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

your not allowed to say that gus is crap didnt you know

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It's the nature of the championship. A ridiculously tight division that is all about form teams, confidence and consistency. I don't doubt for a minute we will hit form again, hopefully very quickly.

whats the point of beating cardiff then losing to teams who are bottom of the league?

Erm because had we not beat Cardiff, we would now be 4 points off the play offs.

Instead we are one point off the play offs with 9 games to go.

We have a manager who has steered us from the brink of relegation to the fourth tier, to within site of the permiership. We have the best stadium in the country, great pies, comfy seats, a great easy way to pay for a ST monthly and one heeluva fixture to look forward to on Sunday.

There are some massive teams in this division who are need the premiership, yet they have been in the Championship for years (aka, Cardiff, Leicester, Forrest). I hope we are not there for years. I hope more, that we don't go down. But at some stage, the premiership will come knocking.

I just hope you moanie old gits find all the season tickets have gone, after you surrender yours this year (if we don't get promoted).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Patience is not a virtue in today's world. People expect everything to happen instantly.

I'd love to tell how Danny Ainge orchestrated taking a bottom of the league Boston Celtics to NBA champions over a 3-4 year period and all the moves he made to do so.

It's a brilliant example of having a plan and sticking to it even if along the way there were some tough and frustrating times. The story also is about a CEO hiring a coach and sticking with him through those times even when fans were calling for his head daily.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It's the nature of the championship. A ridiculously tight division that is all about form teams, confidence and consistency. I don't doubt for a minute we will hit form again, hopefully very quickly.

My thoughts too

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Totally agree.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Gus is a good manager but he's not done anything yet to suggest he's anything more than that. He's certainly not the messiah incarnated as some would have you believe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here