Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua MUST start Sunday...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We shouldn't start with him. He should come on with about half an hour left.

WHY WHY WHY. Can't we look to actually take the game to the opposition. WHY do we always have to put our "flair" players on when we are chasing the game. Radical I know but how about going for it from the start.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bloody hell, are you Gus?
All those you mention play in front of the opposition. We DO need to start with such players like Lua Lua it certainly isn't gambling. Most other managers in this league would be starting him.

His last start was against Watford just after christmas wasn't it? He looked very lively, particularly in the 1st half, and won us our penalty that night. I don't understand what he has to do to get a decent chance.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
From his post match interview sounds like he wants away in the summer unless he gets more game time. "See what summer brings" hmmm.

Can't blame him to be fair, it's clear he hasn't had the same chances as other less talented players, be sad to see him go, still, will probably free up some wages for Gus to bring in another paceless defensive midfielder!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can't blame him to be fair, it's clear he hasn't had the same chances as other less talented players, be sad to see him go, still, will probably free up some wages for Gus to bring in another paceless defensive midfielder!

He'll probably move and become another nemesis like Murray

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Its how Reading and Swansea got promoted(and probably Palace),2 pacey wingers

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
After training some players just pack up and go home. Not Kaz he practices and practices and as a result......

He is now our best player on FIFA

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Buckley had two easy scoring chances last night which would have changed the game, but missed the target. Kaz had two chances, one which brought a great save from their keeper and the other shaved the far post. Looked far more dangerous than Will who seems to have lost the ability to go past defenders or score.

Time for a change!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
All those you mention play in front of the opposition. We DO need to start with such players like Lua Lua it certainly isn't gambling. Most other managers in this league would be starting him.

Many of my friends support other Championship clubs and most have seen Lua Lua play and rate him highly, probably more highly than we do. It seems odd, therefore, that he warms the bench so often. Perhaps we don't appreciate what we have? I suspect that KLL would be a starter on most Championship clubs' team sheets.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Lualua is massively overhyped. Nearly as much as Bolasie, but not quite.

We don't need to resort to gambling on our maybe man, sometimes he plays well and sometimes he is found out. I wouldn't start him. We have Vicente, Dave and Orlandi who should start behind Ulloa, Bridcutt plus Crofts or Hammond to complete the midfield. Who do you drop for LuaLua?

Keep him and Buckley in reserve as game changers if needed.

Can you honestly say you enjoy watching slow, sideways football that results in little or no end product. The 6 man defence is all well and good but we have nothing going forward.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We CANNOT afford to go into a MUST WIN game against our biggest rivals with another defensive starting line up!
Sadly the last three games were games where we could affod to be more expansive and take a few risks, but no, Gus reverted to type and played it safe. He is now in a Catch 22, he knows he is being criticised, he knows all eyes are on this game, he knows he needs to man up and get a result, but.... he also knows that to be reckless against that pile of shite from up the road, to risk all with an attacking selection, shape and game plan is simply inviting a thrashing from a team that scores for fun. I am convinced he will put Dicker in there to shore up the defence, and still play just one wide man, and one up top. Nothing will change barring changes for injury and suspensions.

I see a very damp squid of a season end looming.... when the Wolves and Blackpool games should have been games where we fill the place and roar the team to the playoffs, I sadly see the usual capitulation into mediocrity. Bloom will be looking closely at this situiation, you mark my words.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Even if he doesn't start we need 2 wingers out there from the off (Orlandi would be my 2nd choice to play a wide role), with us facing Zaha, Murray, Bolaise if we don't have firepower, we are on the backfoot from the off and if they score 1st we end up chasing the game which we haven't been too good at.
Definitely Lua Lua for at least a 45 mins at some point as he is the only player we have with the pace and power to really scare defenders, even if a bit erratic in his delivery at times. He also looked good cutting in and playing a more central role a few games back, we are too predictable, everyone know what to expect.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
How many of our players will actually worry Palace and/or cause them some problems? Other than KLL, if he plays, I can't think of any. Certainly Buckley seems to have lost his ability to go past players and Vicente will probably still be too tired to play so who is going to hurt our friends from up the road? I'm really fearful that we may end up taking a pasting on Sunday. I've no doubt that Gus will be a lot more worried about Palace's attacking threat than Holloway will be of ours, as much as it pains me to say so.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

But do we gamble irrespective of the opposition and the type of game we're about to play? I would be all for LuaLua starting, and Buckley as well. It would give us more attacking intent and it would make us a lot more open, which might be fantastic for us. Or it might allow us to be picked apart. This is Gus' team, just how he wants us to play the game. I rate Orlandi, Dave and Vicente a lot higher than Buckley and LuaLua, but that's just my preference of player.

Can you honestly say you enjoy watching slow, sideways football that results in little or no end product. The 6 man defence is all well and good but we have nothing going forward.

Enjoy? I enjoy watching Brighton play. I enjoyed watching the Micky Adams mark 2 team, the Slade team which just couldn't gel and even the Brian Horton team which tried so hard and did so little! It's all relative. Would I be more attacking with the line up and the tactics? Yes. But then my only concern would be scoring half a dozen goals per game and attacking at will. A bit like Peterborough. Where are they in the table, by the way?

sonofanarchy

Mar 12, 2013
Lualua is massively overhyped. Nearly as much as Bolasie, but not quite.

We don't need to resort to gambling on our maybe man, sometimes he plays well and sometimes he is found out. I wouldn't start him. We have Vicente, Dave and Orlandi who should start behind Ulloa, Bridcutt plus Crofts or Hammond to complete the midfield. Who do you drop for LuaLua?

Keep him and Buckley in reserve as game changers if needed.

Aren't these two related, cousins I think?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here