Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please gus drop Hammond!!!!

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I know he puts a shift in but that's not enough, I'm begging you gus to start jfc on Sunday he has more chance of getting a goal. Grow some balls gus and take a risk!!!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'd drop Bridcutt. At the moment, stop him and you stop us.

Our results weren't exactly bad in the games he missed were they?

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Seagulls1984 I've been saying this all season, the problem has and is that Poyet puts control of the ball before all else and so packs the m/f with defensive players.In the squad there are only 2 players who can play central m/f and get forward and look to score, 1 is mostly not fit, Vicente, the other is young and was sent out on loan for half the season when he should have been on the bench and given the chance to come on late in games, JFC. We now have a situation late in the season of a lack of goals and a m/f that nobody can see where a goal will come from with the line up that Poyet puts out in the m/f, it's been there all season and although a new forward has arrived who looks like he'll get the goals if the service is there, it's the m/f that's the real problem.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Completely agree need Crofts back in the team. More threatening and can also pass the ball forwards which Hammond seems unable to do most of the time.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Seagulls1984 I've been saying this all season, the problem has and is that Poyet puts control of the ball before all else and so packs the m/f with defensive players.In the squad there are only 2 players who can play central m/f and get forward and look to score, 1 is mostly not fit, Vicente, the other is young and was sent out on loan for half the season when he should have been on the bench and given the chance to come on late in games, JFC. We now have a situation late in the season of a lack of goals and a m/f that nobody can see where a goal will come from with the line up that Poyet puts out in the m/f, it's been there all season and although a new forward has arrived who looks like he'll get the goals if the service is there, it's the m/f that's the real problem.
I just think its crying out for jfc to get a chance, anyone who knows football can see he is a class act on the ball and gets in the box late. He could be are lampard .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I must admit, I did think Hammond was going to get sent off last night, he lunged in a few too many times for me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's played well this season for me. Solid presence in the heart of the team. I like him. Solid Championship performer. Hope he's here next season.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Wanted JFC for a couple of years. Granted that might have been slightly too early but surely now is the time! If you're good enough you're old enough!!!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
He's played well this season for me. Solid presence in the heart of the team. I like him. Solid Championship performer. Hope he's here next season.

Totally agree. The championship is a very physical division. Hammond has some faults but he provides presence in midfield - just as Paul Rogers used to. We're not Barcelona and when we go too lightweight you end up with thrashings like last season's 0-6 against the Irons.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hammond has been one of the most consistent players this season and should be one of the first on the team sheet. People thinking otherwise obviously do not watch the game and what he does both on and off of the ball. He has been far far better than Crofts who seems to b living on past glory.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hammond has been one of the most consistent players this season and should be one of the first on the team sheet. People thinking otherwise obviously do not watch the game and what he does both on and off of the ball. He has been far far better than Crofts who seems to b living on past glory.
I actual agree with you for once:facepalm:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If anyone on here is saying that Crofts is a better player than Hammond, then they really need their head seeing to.

Crofts has been nothing short of extremely disappointing and looks unfit and disinterested. Hammond, will give 150% in a BHA shirt. In fact, Hammond was so outstanding in Bridcutt's absence I do wonder whether Poyet has made a mistake bringing the latter back into a winning team?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here