Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-4-2

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Although I didn't go to Barnsley this evening I've spent the evening listening to the game and looking back at recent match reports.

It seems today that the game swung in our favour after we brought on Lualua and pushed Buckley upfront alongside Ulloa, also the previous game we started with Barnes and Ulloa and had a lot of possession, Bristol was just 1 striker so was Huddersfield until we brought on CMS and swiftly scored 3 goals.

Can we please try 4-4-2 for Sunday

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Although I didn't go to Barnsley this evening I've spent the evening listening to the game and looking back at recent match reports.

It seems today that the game swung in our favour after we brought on Lualua and pushed Buckley upfront alongside Ulloa, also the previous game we started with Barnes and Ulloa and had a lot of possession, Bristol was just 1 striker so was Huddersfield until we brought on CMS and swiftly scored 3 goals.

Agree 100%

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Certainly sounded that way. Surely it is still possible to play possession football with a 4-4-2?

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton

I doubt Gus would take any notice even if he was on Nsc

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
The OP is right. Aspinal said that we went 4-4-2 when Kaz came on. Him and Calde combining in good old 4-4-2 attacking style, 1-1. Start as that with Ulloa & Buckley up front with Kaz out wide right; Bridders, Orlandi and Hammond in the middle. Sounds like Bruno is gonna be out so Calde starts with GG & Upson in the middle. If bridge is out then Calde LB and Dave RB.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Also when we were doing so well in September we had both Barnes and CMS scoring plenty of goals

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
His formation is a strikers graveyard

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

You make a really good point, when CMS came on with Ulloa on the filed against Huddersfield they couldn't cope. When Blackburn came to the Amex, they played with two strikers and we played with one, it does seem rather incongruous. Gus plays his style and thats what he is sticking by, not sure its working for us. Can't get a lone striker, perhaps those in the know understand we are a strikers graveyard. I wonder after his comments earlier in the season about the Palace game, if Gus understands how important this game is to us and now him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here