Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get a grip people

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Ok we have lost tonight but all these people saying gus must go and we are rubbish need to get a grip. We are in 7th place. 3 points of 5th. 9 games to go. Plenty of points to play for and this squad has the ability to put a run together. Yes 1 point in 9 is not good but lets move on get behind gus and the team. Destiny is in our hands. We have forest and leicester to play who are in the places we want. Forest still have cardiff hull and boro away. Leicester have tough games to as do bolton. Its likely to be 2 from this 4 so instead of complaining lets get behind the team and see if we can make it. If we dont we will be better prepared for next year. So as the post says get a grip and support the team we all love.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Quite bloody right.

Beat that lot on Sunday (and we will), and everything is rosy again.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
we do need to get behind the team, anything can happen in the next few games. Im not giving up hope yet... but that fight and spirit needs to be matched by the players themselves.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tell the players and the manager more so.

The supporters want it but...................................not sure the manager has the nounce to get there

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Yes it does but we have the biggest crowds in the league and we all need to be positive. If i was told we would be 7th at this stage of the season i would have bitten your hand off. Lets not get on the players back and let them play with pressure from us. We have technical players who on there day are as good as anyone.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Compared to a lot we have spent very little. Go back a few years we were bottom of the football league about to be extinct we are no not far from being a premiership side playing football which in worth watching when we get it right. Can not see what your complaining about. You want to watch premiership football on a large budget chelsea are a train ride away.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
We are still very much in this promotion race, people need to pick themselves up and get behind the team. We haven't got what we deserve in many games, it's that simple. We have enough games to get right back in the mix, let's give it everything we've got, starting Sunday.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Quite bloody right.

Beat that lot on Sunday (and we will), and everything is rosy again.

everything isn't rosy again though is it... we are making it harder for ourselves by failing to beat teams at the bottom of the league. it onlt takes us to fall behind and thats that game done.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We are still very much in this promotion race, people need to pick themselves up and get behind the team. We haven't got what we deserve in many games, it's that simple. We have enough games to get right back in the mix, let's give it everything we've got, starting Sunday.

Quite right we play the best football in the league and the players deserve our support no matter what happens the next 9 games

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I concerned we seem to have wasted the new stadium momentum that seems to have taken every other club our size into the premiership. Gus can be challenged you know. Doesn't mean lost a hold on reality as the OP infers!

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Yes it does but we have the biggest crowds in the league and we all need to be positive. If i was told we would be 7th at this stage of the season i would have bitten your hand off. Lets not get on the players back and let them play with pressure from us. We have technical players who on there day are as good as anyone.

lets not get on the players backs??? - if you were being paid 5k a week plus and not producing would you still be in your job??? - but don't worry, they must be tired bless em..

Get a grip, they deserve every single bit of stick going if they continue to produce inept results such as the ones we have produced recently.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
everything isn't rosy again though is it... we are making it harder for ourselves by failing to beat teams at the bottom of the league. it onlt takes us to fall behind and thats that game done.

Like i said 1 in 9 not great but all this gus must go lark is stupid. 27 points to play for and all those games are winnable so instead of negative lets try and get behind the team

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
am i right in saying that in the last three games we have made 14 changes to the starting line up. this sunday you could se another 5 or six more bridge back in greer in vicente in lua lua maybe a new striker in crofts in barker in . surely this chopping and changing cant help either

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Compared to a lot we have spent very little. Go back a few years we were bottom of the football league about to be extinct we are no not far from being a premiership side playing football which in worth watching when we get it right. Can not see what your complaining about. You want to watch premiership football on a large budget chelsea are a train ride away.

go back 25 years and we were in the top flight.. where we have come from is totally irrelevant.... its about the present and currently the present performances aren't good enough

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Quite right we play the best football in the league and the players deserve our support no matter what happens the next 9 games

no they don't DESERVE our support.. they need to earn it. if your happy to just roll over and pander to their ego's then thats up to you.. I want value for money from my season ticket and my support up and down the country. At the moment this isn't happening and I have every right to rant about it.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
lets not get on the players backs??? - if you were being paid 5k a week plus and not producing would you still be in your job??? - but don't worry, they must be tired bless em..

Get a grip, they deserve every single bit of stick going if they continue to produce inept results such as the ones we have produced recently.

Our players and the rest of the league. 7th would suggest over the season they have not done to bad at all.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011

Did you listen to the game? We were really unlucky tonight (also unlucky against Bolton), their penalty was dodgy and for our one their keeper made a good save, in open play we crafted more than them and can consider ourselves really hard done by.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
no they don't DESERVE our support.. they need to earn it. if your happy to just roll over and pander to their ego's then thats up to you.. I want value for money from my season ticket and my support up and down the country. At the moment this isn't happening and I have every right to rant about it.

I should think we all want value for money for the price we all pay. I am not suggesting pandering at all i am suggesting we all give it our all for the final 9 games and see what happens rather than getting on their backs. We can still do this. I don t think the performances recently have been great but it was only 2 weeks ago we were hailing them for winning 4-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here