Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you Chelsea fans in disguise?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Turning against the manager.

Chelsea fans didn't 'turn on the manager'. They hated him from the start.

And someone'll probably do one of those childish polls soon, showing once again that most people are still behind Gus.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought u were gonna say about some fans thinking we have a God given right to win every game and was about to agree... then u use some bizarre manager comparison!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We have some, clearly. The ones who want a manager sacked everyone we lose are the obvious candidates who either do support Chelsea, or actually need to.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nope. Wasn't at goldstone, prestfield, withdean or Amex so not likely now. But I am highly disappointed at another poor result and 2 seasons of missed penalties, a lack of goals and even shots on goal. That and Gus's single plan approach and striker position nemesis.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So what about when Tony Bloom thinks it's time for a change (He may do if we don't make the play-offs.) are you gonna tell him to 'Go and Support Chelsea'?

No, but id be incredibly critical of it.

Luckily enough TB isnt deluded like some of our fan base and thinks rationally - so he wouldnt sack Gus.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
No, but id be incredibly critical of it.

Luckily enough TB isnt deluded like some of our fan base and thinks rationally - so he wouldnt sack Gus.

its not about being deluded... expecations are high due to the season ticket prices and ground... Gus is failing to meet these expecations in the eyes of many people.. your expectations of finishing mid table may well be met, however there are others that think we should be doing better. I am personally of the opinion that he needs to sort it out. too many excuses and too many its not my fault type comments. when you are averaging 25000 most weeks in a supersonic stadium and the product isn't performing, the fans will soon start to question the manager.. its not about supporting Chelsea or anything else like that.. Life is changing, people aren't accepting medicority anymore.. if you can't cut the mustard then move aside to someone who can.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
its not about being deluded... expecations are high due to the season ticket prices and ground... Gus is failing to meet these expecations in the eyes of many people.. your expectations of finishing mid table may well be met, however there are others that think we should be doing better. I am personally of the opinion that he needs to sort it out. too many excuses and too many its not my fault type comments. when you are averaging 25000 most weeks in a supersonic stadium and the product isn't performing, the fans will soon start to question the manager.. its not about supporting Chelsea or anything else like that.. Life is changing, people aren't accepting medicority anymore.. if you can't cut the mustard then move aside to someone who can.
Much sense in this. Much as I love history, comparing us to where we were a few seasons ago is ridiculous. Better off comparing us with last time we had crowds this size...and I believe that was the top flight?!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Oh so because we have a good ground and a big fanbase - we should be in the top flight ? It doesnt work like that AT ALL. Gus isnt failing to meet expectations as he is doing what he is meant to be, challenging for promotion. Yes we need some work but it isnt an instant plan - we simply arent ready to go up yet - we are much like Swansea who spent 3 years in this league before going up - patience is key but unfortunately a vocal minority of our fanbase dont have that.......

It isnt mediocre at all, we are amoungst the top teams in the league - unfortunately we havent performed as such in the last 3 games.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
After going week in week out when we where shit, i am very pleased with how we are doing i think with our budget etc par would be mid table so we are doing slightly better. 4 points from the next two games things could look a lot better remember we only need 6th ........for now!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I thought u were gonna say about some fans thinking we have a God given right to win every game and was about to agree... then u use some bizarre manager comparison!

same here. If it had been the former I would have agreed. Some right jumped up little spoilt brats wailing that we're not where they expect us to be.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Well our 'respectful-of-his-current-employers-and-the-fans-of-that-club' manager certainly is Aseros!

Gus Poyet has admitted he would love to succeed Rafa Benitez as the new manager of Chelsea.

Brighton chief Poyet has previously made no secret of his desire to return to manage the club where he won the FA Cup and European Cup Winners’ Cup during seasons as a player.

And he threw his hat into the ring again this morning for good measure as Blues owner Roman Abramovich ponders hiring a third manager this season.

When asked about the prospect of managing Cheslea, Poyet said: ‘That is my aim, everyone knows and I don’t hide it.

‘I want to go to the highest level and if it is in the Premier League with Chelsea then fantastic, if it is with someone else, then we shall see.’

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here