Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Something needs to be done about Referees in this League

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It seems to me that if you stuck 4 fans from the crowd out there as Officials, they would do a better job.

Too many mistakes, too much bottling it.

It's not on IMO.

:angry:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
dont be so blinkered,they should of had a pen in 1st half,its swings and roundabouts,we have just got to except it

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
dont be so blinkered,they should of had a pen in 1st half,its swings and roundabouts,we have just got to except it

I won't I won't I won't :angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's the manager who's bottling it.

1 penalty taker in 3 seasons, not good enough.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
your choice,its easy to blame someone else,the simple fact is we aint good enough(hate saying it but true)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
so if they give us a pen and we **** it up, it their fault right???????

I posted before they gave us the pen.

But I stand by what I said, they get way too much wrong too often. What's the point in playing if the ref is going to decide the game?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Something needs to be done about brighton fans and this incessant attacking of referees, even when they have good games (which has happened so often this season I've lost count).

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It seems to me that if you stuck 4 fans from the crowd out there as Officials, they would do a better job.

Too many mistakes, too much bottling it.

It's not on IMO.

:angry:

Here we go again! Let's all blame the ref! Exactly how many pens did he give each team? Did he miss ours, or the Argie?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It was partly the refs fault as Delap should have been off and the penalty was debatable - that's all though.

The rest is because we made 4 cock-ups - Buckleys miss, El-Abd conceding a "penalty" and his mistake leading to their 1st and Ulloa's penalty miss.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The standard of refs seems to have dropped in all leagues!

Some of the decisions are completely shit, giving the free-kick to the wrong team, throw-in, booking the wrong player, etc., etc.
No consistency at all!
One thing that really f**ks me off, is the ref will often move the ball back at a free-kick, but loads of players are able to steal 10 to 15 yards at throw-ins, and nothing is done about it!

And, how-many times have you seen the assistant referee look at the ref. to make the decision for them!!

And it appears, the Amex seems to affect the ref in a weird way, giving a lot of the decisions to the away team!

And, breathe!

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Something needs to be done about brighton fans and this incessant attacking of referees, even when they have good games (which has happened so often this season I've lost count).
I think you'll find that if you went on any clubs fans forum after they've lost. There will be a thread slating the referee.I doubt the Albion are the worst.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Here we go again! Let's all blame the ref! Exactly how many pens did he give each team? Did he miss ours, or the Argie?

He gave a pen that shouldn't have been, and bottled giving a red that should have been.

The fact that each side got 1 penalty each does not mean the ref had a good game you plonker.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think you'll find that if you went on any clubs fans forum after they've lost. There will be a thread slating the referee.I doubt the Albion are the worst.

I'm not just talking about this forum when we've lost. I'm talking about when we've drawn, when we've won, while the game is still being played. I've sat at the amex and been astonished at the vitriol of the fans for not giving us a free kick when buckley has needlessly thrown himself to the ground, and the anger when Hammond then barges someone off the ball and a free kick is given. I was sat there shaking my head when, I think it was, Bridcutt had to wait for a break in play before being allowed back on the field because he had to get his shirt changed, when a foul has received a yellow it deserved rather than the red the fans want - and not in a "be good if..." way, but in a "how can that ot be red? does this ref know the rules?!"

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm not just talking about this forum when we've lost. I'm talking about when we've drawn, when we've won, while the game is still being played. I've sat at the amex and been astonished at the vitriol of the fans for not giving us a free kick when buckley has needlessly thrown himself to the ground, and the anger when Hammond then barges someone off the ball and a free kick is given. I was sat there shaking my head when, I think it was, Bridcutt had to wait for a break in play before being allowed back on the field because he had to get his shirt changed, when a foul has received a yellow it deserved rather than the red the fans want - and not in a "be good if..." way, but in a "how can that ot be red? does this ref know the rules?!"

I agree, people will complain about ref's when decisions don't go their way.

But they will also complain about ref's when they make unbelievably bad decisions, clear mistakes, which cost teams games, and if consistently making mistakes, can cost a side a season.

This, is that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I agree, people will complain about ref's when decisions don't go their way.

But they will also complain about ref's when they make unbelievably bad decisions, clear mistakes, which cost teams games, and if consistently making mistakes, can cost a side a season.

This, is that.

Yes, and when that happens it's fair. But it hasn't actually happened that often this season. We've had a lot of decent referees, at least at home, who have been unfairly slaughtered when the haven't made bad decision, or at least none that cost us the game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
your choice,its easy to blame someone else,the simple fact is we aint good enough(hate saying it but true)

We are Gus isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here