Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus good enough.....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
to get us promotion on Mr Bloom's budget?

This season or next.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hopefully. But even if he's not that doesn't mean he's a bad manager. Our budget isn't anywhere near others. I again point to 8million Jordan Rhodes...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Love Gus and love his football principle of playing the game in the correct manner, on the deck and with style. BUT:

If we fade again in the last 12 games like we did last year then you have to wonder.

If a manager cannot work out how to turn around a 1-0 deficit in 2 whole seasons you also have to wonder.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it a case of TB has put his all into getting The Amex and there is none left in the pot for the players that we need to make a push for The Premier League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hopefully. But even if he's not that doesn't mean he's a bad manager. Our budget isn't anywhere near others. I again point to 8million Jordan Rhodes...
I think the question is:-

How many would goals £8 million Jordan Rhodes score for Gus?

Hell, how many opportunities to score, would £8 million Jordan Rhodes get, under Gus?

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
are you joking? our budget isn't big enough..... Rhodes has signed for blackburn and they are currently below us so thats blown that out the water. we are averaging the biggest gate in the championship and are continually being asked for more and more cash. fed up about hearing of the budget crap. Palace's budget will be less than ours and they are 4th..

Gus just whinges and moans about his budget when actually the real reasonwe are struggling is because he is so tactically unaware its scary. We can't turn round from going behind, playing one up front at home... the list goes on and on of his continual failures.Its all very well playing tippy tappy football, however its about results... we aren't getting them.

He needs to sort it out and actually take some responsibility for his actions and team selections.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He could be but he has got to keep his stubborness in check. Sometimes you need to change your approach he will not.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think the question is:-

How many would goals £8 million Jordan Rhodes score for Gus?

Hell, how many opportunities to score, would £8 million Jordan Rhodes get, under Gus?

Even if we had got Rhodes he'd probably be on loan to Palace anyway after falling out with Poyet

I just meant budgetwise. Blackburn's striker cost more than our whole squad (at a guess)

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Good manager undoubtbly but seemingly without a plan B when we're down or level, just sticks with controlling the possesion which is not enough as the opposition can park the bus and run down the clock. I'd prefer to see a more attacking second-half albion in future

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Is he good enough now ? Probably not.

Will he be good enough ? Absolutely yes !!!!

Let's not forget this is his first managerial post and second season at this level with a budget that doesn't come anywhere near the top 10 spending teams in this league, (I think), so he is still learning. What's the point of getting rid of him end of this season or sometime next season only to do the biz for someone else.

I'm happy to hang on in there with him for a little while longer.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I told you all last year, he would never get a team out of this division. He is to arrogant to adapt to changing tactics for different opposition. He might even be better suited by a Chelsea, with £50 million to spend on a player,,but I doubt it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here