Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As much as I try to be an adult....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I cannot help but get wound up by this weekends forthcoming tussle with the rivals.

Yeah, I was there in the late 70's and early 80's as a young teenager. I got a little more caught up in it by the mid to late eighties, but through our poor form this was rather more sporadically.

Last season I was buzzin, in town early, enjoyed watching the antics but nonetheless no direct involvement. After all, I am an adult now, am I not?

This year I fear the worse in terms of the result, just nerves maybe, but I have been determined not to get wound up by it all.

So why is it that for the last 2 nights that I have been unable to sleep properly, thinking about this weekends game and its implications? About 2am, and again at 5, wide awake just hoping above hope that we put right the recent wrongs against our arch enemies.

Funny old game football eh?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I feel exactly the same & I'm not even at home! It's gonna be torture following on here.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Jesus. I'm counting down the days and the hours...but not sleeping?!?!?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I've just thought, surely Crystal Palace is the only team in the Football League that's not actually named after the town / city / borough they're based in? "Crystal Palace" naturally sounds better to the uninitiated than "South Croydon Athletic" or "Norwood Rangers". Funny how life works sometimes...

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I've just thought, surely Crystal Palace is the only team in the Football League that's not actually named after the town / city / borough they're based in? "Crystal Palace" naturally sounds better to the uninitiated than "South Croydon Athletic" or "Norwood Rangers". Funny how life works sometimes...

Arsenal?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Queens Park Rangers ?
Everton ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I cannot help but get wound up by this weekends forthcoming tussle with the rivals.

Yeah, I was there in the late 70's and early 80's as a young teenager. I got a little more caught up in it by the mid to late eighties, but through our poor form this was rather more sporadically.

Last season I was buzzin, in town early, enjoyed watching the antics but nonetheless no direct involvement. After all, I am an adult now, am I not?

This year I fear the worse in terms of the result, just nerves maybe, but I have been determined not to get wound up by it all.

So why is it that for the last 2 nights that I have been unable to sleep properly, thinking about this weekends game and its implications? About 2am, and again at 5, wide awake just hoping above hope that we put right the recent wrongs against our arch enemies.

If we don't take 3 points of Palace :lolol: not just me then

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

It is an important game against a top 6 side that takes on special significance after two defeats on the bounce. No more, no less.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I'm also an adult and was there when Sammy Morgan destroyed Malcolm Allison's side, when Ward ran Jim Cannon rugged, but like you I also can't sleep....

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I wonder if my mate who in the seventies would be up early in the morning before a palace game doing press-ups he could not sleep before a palace match I would imagine he takes it a bit easier now I hope. I have to save my energy for climbing the steps to the WSU theses days. :wrong::wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here