Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are Messi and Ronaldo never injured?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
It seems incredible that for season after season the World's 2 bestest stars stay injury free. And they seem to play every match. Surely cos they are the most dangerous players in their teams..the hackers must continually being having nasty snipes at them...yet every week, up they pop, fit and ready and BRILLIANT. Any theories out there NSCers?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Both of them presumably look after themselves. Perhaps they are the best as they are so finely tuned and needn't burn themselves out as they have already done the hard work to reach the top of their game.

And the big hairy beasts are too slow to catch them.

Having said that, I am sure there must be lots of players who are everpresent, just not as noticeable.

Either way, can we rule out drugs? How advanced is the football testing?

deporte_si_drogas_no.JPG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It seems incredible that for season after season the World's 2 bestest stars stay injury free. And they seem to play every match. Surely cos they are the most dangerous players in their teams..the hackers must continually being having nasty snipes at them...yet every week, up they pop, fit and ready and BRILLIANT. Any theories out there NSCers?

The English game is very different to the game on the continent. It's a slower pace, more time and technique on the ball and fewer tackles. I recall reading an interview with Xavi and he said there is much less emphasis on tackling in Spain.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Could the heavy / waterlogged / frozen pitches over here be a factor?

They have a winter break in Spain as well. In Germany they have up to 6 weeks off in the winter and I think France has a break. This must help with lowering the injury rate.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's odd but it just seems that any "Star" English player is doomed to a career of broken Metatarsals, Cruciate damage,Hamstring or Achilles problems. I don't know why but the next good English player,Wiltshire, is just entering into the curse.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Because while the Spanish players are happily sat in the sun eating healthy tapas dishes, drinking the odd glass of wine and discussing politics with their team mates, their English counterparts are busy sitting on their living room floor playing Fifa till the middle of the night munching on takeaway pizza and KFC :shrug:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's odd but it just seems that any "Star" English player is doomed to a career of broken Metatarsals, Cruciate damage,Hamstring or Achilles problems. I don't know why but the next good English player,Wiltshire, is just entering into the curse.

Have you not seen Wilshere tackle? I'm surprised he's not injured more often to be honest. Just look at Bryan Robson.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If I was any good, I would definitely make a beeline to Spain to play football and then see out my retirement years at the Amex.

Why are the English such bad exports? More money to be had here or would they miss their home boys too much?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Because they hardly get tackled in La Liga, if they played in the premiershite they would have lumps kicked out ot them

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Messi has been kicked all over the place tonight, his height I think means that he just bounces back up, sort of like Liam bridcutt in a way...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here