Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading,next manager could be ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would Adkins want to take a job with a club that are virtually sure of relegation when he is still being paid by Southampton and will probably have a greater choice of clubs in the summer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd be very surprised if they get Adkins or Di-Canio. Surely they'll go for a manger with successful premier league experience. A manager who has experience of battling relegation & winning. Adkins & Di-Canio would be great Championship mangers but they've just sacked one of those. I'm thinking Curbishley or similar.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Why would Adkins want to take a job with a club that are virtually sure of relegation when he is still being paid by Southampton and will probably have a greater choice of clubs in the summer.
He's already done a deal with Tony...Gus off to CFC

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd be very surprised if they get Adkins or Di-Canio. Surely they'll go for a manger with successful premier league experience. A manager who has experience of battling relegation & winning. Adkins & Di-Canio would be great Championship mangers but they've just sacked one of those. I'm thinking Curbishley or similar.

Why do people suggest him as he has been a failure in general terms as a manager and hasn't had a managerial job since 2008.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
he has been a failure in general terms as a manager.

wow.

Wow wow wow.

Maybe you should actually look at his record?

Got Charlton promoted. Kept them mid table in the prem under amazing circumstances.

Went to west ham in December and saved them from almost-certain relegation with 6 wins in 9 games

Next season he got them into the top 10. The he left as he felt his contract was compromised.

Which part of that is 'a failure'

Wow, again.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

Where,s 'Big Ron' when you want him ???????????????

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
wow.

Wow wow wow.

Maybe you should actually look at his record?

Got Charlton promoted. Kept them mid table in the prem under amazing circumstances.

Went to west ham in December and saved them from almost-certain relegation with 6 wins in 9 games

Next season he got them into the top 10. The he left as he felt his contract was compromised.

Which part of that is 'a failure'

Wow, again.

That was 3 years ago and no club has wanted him since ask yourself why?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That was 3 years ago and no club has wanted him since ask yourself why?

I've asked myself why. This was the response from me to myself:

Hugo: Why has no one wanted Curbishley in three years?
Hugo: Because he wants a long term project like he had at Charlton & most Premiership clubs are only interested in the next dozen games. He also has some nice media incomes and likes to spend time with his family.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
During his career he averages 38.7% win rate but I would sooner that he went to Reading than consider becoming our manager if Gus leaves. Good player but not a top Manager in my eyes, Just a run of the mill manager who would suit a club with little ambition..

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
During his career he averages 38.7% win rate but I would sooner that he went to Reading than consider becoming our manager if Gus leaves. Good player but not a top Manager in my eyes, Just a run of the mill manager who would suit a club with little ambition..

He kept CHARLTON in the premier league with EASE.

How is that not good? 38.7% win percentage in the prem is 15 wins a season. That's 45 points alone. Easy survival points.

Add to that draws then Curbs was easily overachieving.

I like that you haven't admitted that your comment that he Has been a 'failure' was COMPLETELY ridiculous.

He's had LOADS of offers and has said so. He was offered te Wolves job and turned it down last season.

When a team finally gets him they have a proven prem manager

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here