Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The stables boxing gym at racecourse ... Any Info ?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Anybody been ? As a boxing fan and late 30's I've always said I would like an amateur (to old) or white collar fight before I'm (really) too old. Is this a good place to go ? It's looks good on the website. Any info would help.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Anybody been ? As a boxing fan and late 30's I've always said I would like an amateur (to old) or white collar fight before I'm (really) too old. Is this a good place to go ? It's looks good on the website. Any info would help.
Its a level above white collar boxing there , but i'd say below the proper unlicensed stuff , you dont wear headguards and use 12 oz gloves, i've fought (and won !) on a show there.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Its a level above white collar boxing there , but i'd say below the proper unlicensed stuff , you dont wear headguards and use 12 oz gloves, i've fought (and won !) on a show there.

Sounds good, don't really like headguards to be honest (might change my mind after I've been punched though !). How long is competition rounds and length ? 3 x 3 ? How often are their events ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sounds good, don't really like headguards to be honest (might change my mind after I've been punched though !). How long is competition rounds and length ? 3 x 3 ? How often are their events ?
if you box on a show you'll more than likely box 3x 2min rnds, i dont actually train there to be honest , i train at whitehawk boxing club when i do train, i just did one of their trainers a favour by boxing on their show, i have been up there to spar though, it looks goood, all nice equipment etc, give it a go, nobody will take liberties with you, they aren't going to suddenly throw you in with someone whos been boxing all their life, or if they did they wouldnt try to bang you out, they would take it easy with you, with just the occasional dig to keep you honest !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here