Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday 12.00 p.m. kick off.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Is this the earliest we have ever started a home match?

I did think that our play off semi final against Millwall (1991) kicked off at 11.30 a.m. When I looked up the programme it was 12.00 p.m though.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Is this the earliest we have ever started a home match?

I did think that our play off semi final against Millwall (1991) kicked off at 11.30 a.m. When I looked up the programme it was 12.00 p.m though.

We used to kick off as soon as we got to the away supporters main pub 10am 10.30am etc

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The famous replay- and on a school day!

Must be one of the strangest kick-off times ever - 11am on a weekday. Deliberately chosen to avoid a recurrence of the scenes during the first abandoned match. We had already been relegated as well. I'm surprised anyone turned up - wonder how many York fans were there?!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You made me doubt myself so i looked it up.

Thurs 8th May 1996
Brighton 1 - 3 York City
Attendance 2,146

Dont know why I remember it as Tuesday :facepalm:

Just remember rushing from a job I was doing in Tunbridge Wells that morning to get to the Goldstone.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Must be one of the strangest kick-off times ever - 11am on a weekday. Deliberately chosen to avoid a recurrence of the scenes during the first abandoned match. We had already been relegated as well. I'm surprised anyone turned up - wonder how many York fans were there?!

I remember listening to it on the radio at work.
Not sure about how many York fans- guessing all those that watched the ten minutes on the Saturday before match abandoned would have got a ticket? Or was the whole match fan free? Memory failing me here kevo.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You could be right as Freemans goal was first league goal of millennium

I seem to remember kicking off at 11.00 the following season as well. We lost to Southend on a sodden pitch and I remember getting up not long after getting to bed and travelled down feeling slightly worse for wear - not helped by the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here