Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking after Palace in Brighton/Hove

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Going out after game in Brighton...wonder if palace fans will be marched to the station & be forced onto northbound trains as otherwise
I think it might be bit lively outside the station!
Anyone know lively pubs for a Sunday afternoon drinks?? :bhasign:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Going out after game in Brighton...wonder if palace fans will be marched to the station & be forced onto northbound trains as otherwise
I think it might be bit lively outside the station!
Anyone know lively pubs for a Sunday afternoon drinks?? :bhasign:

Sussex Police have asked pubs around the station to close all day (on St Patrick's Day ffs). I imagine much of the centre will be the same except big places that can afford lots of bouncers, so West Street essentially.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Sussex Police have asked pubs around the station to close all day (on St Patrick's Day ffs). I imagine much of the centre will be the same except big places that can afford lots of bouncers, so West Street essentially.

Have they? I was under the impression that the pubs around the station had license to open early.

I know the Evening Star isn't opening.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I know the Evening Star isn't opening.

is that a fact?

Shirley the Police are not encouraging alcohol Sunday alcohol drinking before the powder-keg fixture!

would rather defeat the point of an early game.

personaly i cant see the Police would ask any pubs other than those immediately outside the station to be close. they can hardly ask the dozens of pubs down the north Laine and lanes to shut on paddies day after the game either.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
is that a fact?

would rather defeat the point of an early game.

personaly i cant see the Police would ask any pubs other than those immediately outside the station to be close. they can hardly ask the dozens of pubs down the north Laine and lanes to shut on paddies day after the game either.

According to the barman I spoke to last night, yes.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
If I was pedantic, I'd suggest the border was a few blocks further on.

Ah this is you not being pedantic is it? You must be fun on a night out.
The following is from their website:
"The Lion and Lobster. A family run pub and restaurant on the border of Brighton and Hove near the seafront."

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Little Western Street and Boundary Passage mark the border so the Lion and Lobster is about forty metres inside Brighton.

Not that I'm being pedantic.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Little Western Street and Boundary Passage mark the border so the Lion and Lobster is about forty metres inside Brighton.

Not that I'm being pedantic.

Like a pedant, overly concerned with formal rules and trivial points of learning. :))
Wherever/whatever I will be getting pissed after the game coz we will WIN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here