Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Upson's Albion Focus

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Loanee Matthew Upson has declared that his only focus is achieving a play-off spot with Albion.The former England defender has been in commanding form since arriving from Stoke but is not looking beyond the end of the campaign.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I just want to do the best I can for Brighton until the end of the season and hopefully make a play-off place, that is my goal. Anything after that I am not really too concerned about, I just want to do well and the best I can here.
"I am enjoying it, I have found my feet now and feel my fitness is good. I am starting to put some good performances in, so I am happy.
“We have some good players and a good philosophy of how we want to play, and the results have been pretty steady. We have got a good chance to make the top six given our form and how we are going. But it is very competitive and there are a lot of teams in and around us who can achieve a play-off place, so it is going to be a really exciting end to the season."
Upson also singles out Gus Poyet for his approach to the game ahead of a vital fixture at Barnsley.
“I enjoy the training as we like to pass the ball and Gus gives you the freedom to express yourself and play. He doesn’t put a lot of restrictions on you and he is a good guy to work for.
“It is our game in hand so we need to make it count. We will have to go into the game and produce more than we did at Bristol and it will be down to us to take the emphasis and lead on the front foot.
“We are in such a key time of the season and we have to throw everything into the games. We need to win as many as we can to get in the top six; it is a big target of all the players and the staff.”
Meanwhile, there are still tickets available for Albion’s home game against Palace on Sunday (kick-off 12noon) - purchase online now.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here