Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seniors

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's not measured by age, it's measured by how many visits to the toilet you need, and how many times you moan about the football not being as good as it used to be.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
65 at the moment. :down: You don't really want to be there. Bit like a free Lift pass at 70, when you finally reach the right age you are too decrepit or too poor to take advantage. :timmy:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wow! So the twenty somethings who sit along from me qualify............ that should leave them more money to spend on beer :lol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Wow! So the twenty somethings who sit along from me qualify............ that should leave them more money to spend on beer :lol:

Er. how does a 20 year old qualify? Personally I'm 66 at the moment soon to be 67,..........aaaaaargh. Oh! I think I see, you have quoted the wrong post. The long necked one is comparing it to toilet visits and moaning that players don't wear brown ankle boots with toe caps anymore.

1830boot.jpg :wrong:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was 60 for a while, as one of my friends just came into that category she got it at the cheaper rate. Then when they moved it up to 65 they let her stay at the lower price.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's not measured by age, it's measured by how many visits to the toilet you need, and how many times you moan about the football not being as good as it used to be.

must apply soon then I think I might get in free as most of the match would be spent starring and staring at the urinals :blush:

65 at the moment. :down: You don't really want to be there. Bit like a free Lift pass at 70, when you finally reach the right age you are too decrepit or too poor to take advantage. :timmy:
we have discussed this before by the time I got up the stairs the game would be over and I would have wet myself:rotlf::ffsparr:

Last edited:

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
It was 60 for a while, as one of my friends just came into that category she got it at the cheaper rate. Then when they moved it up to 65 they let her stay at the lower price.

Not sure if thats correct. I was under 65 for a number of years at Withdean but had to wait till I was 65 before they gave me the reduced rate. I thought the qualifying date was that you had to be 65 on the 1st August to get one for the season.

She and I often have a chuckle about how well life has treated us. It started with being given the opportunity to be born under the NHS, moved rapidly on to free orange juice, delivered us the music of the sixties at precisely the right age to appreciate it, and culminated in a cheap season ticket and a free bus pass, just before they realised that these were expensive perks that needed to be denied to folk born a couple of years later.

Thank you, Mr Attlee.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
She and I often have a chuckle about how well life has treated us. It started with being given the opportunity to be born under the NHS, moved rapidly on to free orange juice, delivered us the music of the sixties at precisely the right age to appreciate it, and culminated in a cheap season ticket and a free bus pass, just before they realised that these were expensive perks that needed to be denied to folk born a couple of years later.

Thank you, Mr Attlee.

and somewhere in there was bad thatcher

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Had a senior ticket at 60 at Withdean and continued at The Amex although only 64 for the first three months "until of age"

Well I stand corrected although I'm positive I was told that I had to wait until I was 65 at the Withdean.

I wonder if they changed it at some time as I only had a season there for the last two seasons. I definately had to pay full rate the first season and when I was 65 it dropped to the senior rate for the following, and last, season at Withers. Anyway, its not really a problem because its now definately 65.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here