Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

its a joke the club have not brought in any strikers

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
hoskins out...cms out...barnes out its a joke and a serious issue that the club have failed to bring in at least one striker....other clubs have done its a big worry:(

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Poyet has said, comes down to money or players wanting a 'guaranteed start' - do you think we should be breaking the bank, or guarantee loan players starts?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Poyet has said, comes down to money or players wanting a 'guaranteed start' - do you think we should be breaking the bank, or guarantee loan players starts?

well we need to do something if we want to make the play offs.Uolla is not going to do it himself.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
hoskins out...cms out...barnes out its a joke and a serious issue that the club have failed to bring in at least one striker....other clubs have done its a big worry:(

It is a worry but I'm sure the club are trying. How hard though I'm not sure.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Do you read the Argus? It's available on-line and there is an article this morning explaining the issues.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Indeed. I would imagine that there is a distinct lack of quality available on loan as well, so the good ones will make these demands. Still, we could always get Barn Door Billy back....

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
beattie and jeffers on loan at accrington stanley...........whot the feck is that about...??

When did that happen? They're second bottom so it's either desperation or they need some experience. Might be a good move for them.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Pretty ****ing hard, I am 100% sure! Why on earth wouldn't they be?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Gus made it very clear he would be spending most of the next few days on the phone until he got some in. So the answer is very hard and he has said so. I really don't know what more people expect. For him to personally visit them and tell them what he's doing while he could be getting on with it? In the meantime our proven midfield goalscorers need to stand up to the plate and get in there.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Bring in Simeon Jackson and play him up top with Ulloa. If we didn't get in the play off's with those 2 up front i'd be astonished :albion2:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
yeh , my point was that james beattie is on loan at accrington stanley ffs........they must be loaded...!! it's true .you'll have to search it.....i don't think we need to go up but a play off spot would be great experience for the lads and for gus who needs to loosen the shackles and start using the squad a bit more......vicente may be as good as everybody thinks he is but will he ever be match fit again...!!

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
yeh , my point was that james beattie is on loan at accrington stanley ffs........they must be loaded...!! it's true .you'll have to search it.....i don't think we need to go up but a play off spot would be great experience for the lads and for gus who needs to loosen the shackles and start using the squad a bit more......vicente may be as good as everybody thinks he is but will he ever be match fit again...!!
think you'll find Beattie is on the coaching staff ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It was always a joke that we only had 4 strikers in the squad anyway, when most serious clubs have 5 or maybe 6.

The injuries are unlucky, but the lack of having cover is not.

Gus said in his last interview on player that a new striker is likely to join by week end.

If it's Simon 'Barney' Church, I'll weep. A lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here