Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Bridge tonight?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems Gus is not sure he wants to play him at Barnsely according to the Argus. I think I'd be happy to have him miss tonight's game if it means he'll be back for the Palace game though.

On another point it seems we are a long way from signing a loan striker from Gus' very negative sounding remarks in the same article. Hope he's bluffing but past history would tell us he's not. Our play off hopes are basically ****** if we can't get a decent striker in imo

Albion hit obstacles in striker search From The Argus)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seems Gus is not sure he wants to play him at Barnsely according to the Argus. I think I'd be happy to have him miss tonight's game if it means he'll be back for the Palace game though.

On another point it seems we are a long way from signing a loan striker from Gus' very negative sounding remarks in the same article. Hope he's bluffing but past history would tell us he's not. Our play off hopes are basically ****** if we can't get a decent striker in imo

Don't agree. We play one up top. I reckon we could still squeak it.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I know it's been banded about a bit on here but I reckon LuaLua could play up front. Lost a bit of his pace, yes, but he has a great shot on him. As for Bridge, really need him for Palace so happy for him to be rested for tonight if required.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't agree. We play one up top. I reckon we could still squeak it.

You really think that Ulloa is going to be fit and playing for 90 mins for the next four games? Who do we bring on if he is misfiring or tweaks something in those games?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You really think that Ulloa is going to be fit and playing for 90 mins for the next four games? Who do we bring on if he is misfiring or tweaks something in those games?

We'll be fine if Ulloa stays fit. Bit of a risk though. But then there's no point in bringing anyone else unless they are going to add something. If there's nobody of that calibre available then we'll have to make do without and maybe bring Toby through or something.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We'll be fine if Ulloa stays fit. Bit of a risk though. But then there's no point in bringing anyone else unless they are going to add something. If there's nobody of that calibre available then we'll have to make do without and maybe bring Toby through or something.

I like the idea of giving Toby a chance. He has waited long enough for an opportunity and I hope Gus gives him at least 30 mins tonight.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

You may be right, I hope you are

The last time Gus was FORCED to play non first team players worked out rather well. Southampton at home last season was a high point and JFC wouldn't have been anywhere near the pitch if we hadn't had so many injuries and suspensions (maybe?)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I like the idea of giving Toby a chance. He has waited long enough for an opportunity and I hope Gus gives him at least 30 mins tonight.
Agreed.
I thought he was on the verge of the first team last season when he came on a couple of times and did well.

I can only guess that he hasn't impressed in training/DS matches this season. Shame if this is the case though and would have thought he could have gone on loan.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

George Barker has been on the bench in the last couple of games and scored more for the dev squad, so maybe he'll be given a chance.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I know it's been banded about a bit on here but I reckon LuaLua could play up front. Lost a bit of his pace, yes, but he has a great shot on him. As for Bridge, really need him for Palace so happy for him to be rested for tonight if required.

I'm sorry but why is bridge being rested? He has played most games this season or is he going down the Vicente route?

We NEED a settled team and Gus needs to stop pissing about with the team.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm sorry but why is bridge being rested? He has played most games this season or is he going down the Vicente route?

Hamstring niggle reoccurrence.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I think you will find he would play Bridge every single game if it wasn't for various 'niggles' ...so maybe pissing about with the team regarding this player is wide of the mark

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I hesrd Bridge hasnt travelled which for me would be a good decision.

For me Lopez and Orlandi now hold the key to our chances being the players most likely to score playing off Ulloa

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It MUST be Toby time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here