Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Generosity of the human spirit

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Sitting in my car for hours on Marine Parade was a total bummer last night. Seven miles along the coast road, Hove to Ovingdean, six and a half hours...

But there were things that lifted the mood - several people had come out of their houses with flasks of coffee, hot chocolate, soup etc. and were walking along lines of gridlocked cars offering these hot drinks to people. A couple of young guys, George and Fabio, had bulk produced a lovely vegetable soup, which really hit the spot.

It restored the faith in human kindness. If anyone on here did this, or knows someone who did, please let them know that their efforts were appreciated enormously.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a lovely story, shame it takes abysmal weather for it to happen.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Sitting in my car for hours on Marine Parade was a total bummer last night. Seven miles along the coast road, Hove to Ovingdean, six and a half hours...

But there were things that lifted the mood - several people had come out of their houses with flasks of coffee, hot chocolate, soup etc. and were walking along lines of gridlocked cars offering these hot drinks to people. A couple of young guys, George and Fabio, had bulk produced a lovely vegetable soup, which really hit the spot.

It restored the faith in human kindness. If anyone on here did this, or knows someone who did, please let them know that their efforts were appreciated enormously.

great post:flameboun

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
saw this

On another note - on my way past the Sompting lights at about 6.30pm, I saw two young lads pushing a car up the hill, I presumed they were the owners/users of the car. On my way back, at around 9pm, I saw the same two young lads, still there, helping any car that couldn't make the hill start on the snow/ice. Those two deserve knighthoods as far as I'm concerned. Real lack of concern for themselves and the bitter cold, and stood there offering help to anybody who needed it for a good 2.5 hours, maybe even more. Brilliant.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My wife's Aunt gave up and booked a bed and breakfast rather than try to get to Peacehaven from Brighton

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Superstars the lot of them.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
saw this

On another note - on my way past the Sompting lights at about 6.30pm, I saw two young lads pushing a car up the hill, I presumed they were the owners/users of the car. On my way back, at around 9pm, I saw the same two young lads, still there, helping any car that couldn't make the hill start on the snow/ice. Those two deserve knighthoods as far as I'm concerned. Real lack of concern for themselves and the bitter cold, and stood there offering help to anybody who needed it for a good 2.5 hours, maybe even more. Brilliant.

Yeah, we had similar to this. Cars couldn't get to the top of the little 'rise' at the end of Marine Parade, by the Marina, that leads up towards the Roedean Cafe. Three people were waiting by the side of the road, and every time someone got stuck, they came onto the road and pushed them over the patch that was extra-icy. It was freezing up there, with gale force winds really whipping things up. But there they stayed. Just brilliant.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Vegetable soup ? If they are that mean they can't put on a good mulligatawny in that weather........ Then feck em.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well you lot are doing my noodle in. I need to take stock of the situation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here