Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains to the smoke today are.....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well looking at the message board you get this

Poor weather conditions in southern England on Tuesday 12 March 2013

Poor weather conditions are causing delays to train services in southern England.

Heavy snow is reported to have fallen in many areas. This is causing problems with the signalling systems, where the 'points' at junctions are having to be cleared of snow.

The following train operators are affected until further notice:

Southern

Short notice cancellations and delays of up to 60 minutes can be expected across the whole Southern network today.

First Capital Connect

Journeys on the route between Bedford and Brighton will be subject to short notice cancellations and delays of up to 60 minutes.

Passengers may use their tickets on London Underground services via any reasonable route and on East Midlands Trains between Bedford and London St Pancras.

Southeastern

Currently trains are running normally with minimal delays and Southeastern are hoping to run a full service this morning.

Gatwick Express

Short notice cancellations are expected because of train stock displacement.

WHICH MEANS........ ?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Southern tweeted that they are trying to run a full service but to expect some delays. Live departure board on Trainline doesn't look as bad as I thought it would be.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
they make out like it's ok but it's not. you will get to the station and be waiting an hour+ for a train for it to be cancelled in the last 2 mins. happened twice last night at brighton coming home and it wasnt too bad then. day off for me.

this is from B&H Buses

Snow Disruption
6.10am

Please press F5 to refresh the page to see the very latest information

All of our bus services are currently withdrawn due to the atrocious weather and road conditions. We regret that we are unable to operate buses with snow chains as the snow cover is not thick enough and in many areas roads are covered in ice which prevents chains from being used. We have over twenty buses stuck throughout the city and our teams are attempting to recover them, and many roads are blocked by abandoned cars. :lolol:

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. We want to get buses running again and will resume services just as soon as we are able.

Train services are running so if you hold a valid Saver bus ticket you will be able to use it on the train in the local area, as well as to and from Lewes, Seaford and Eastbourne.

Please check back here for thevery latest information and also follow us on twitter [MENTION=3357]brighton[/MENTION]HoveBus, twitter.com/brightonhovebu

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Got on the 6.41 at Preston park fine. Think there are a few cancellations out there, but everything appears manageable train wise. Until some awful FCC train breaks down - which is inevitable.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I got the 6.51 to victoria from brighton. Gonna chamge at croyden for london bridge. So far so good im nearly at croyden.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I sat up until 2.30 this morning watching telly in the confident expectation that there would be ****all train service today, my gamble misfired badly and got the 06.11 from HH to london bridge , where's the usual incompetence when you need it eh ?

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
Trains are actually running better than expected, a few late ones but generally ok.
On the late 7:39 to Lon Vic, just coming up to HH, going slow but at least we are moving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here