Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As everyone else seems to have their own "Sponsor me" thread: my REMF marathon effort

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As everyone else seems to have their own "Sponsor me" thread: my REMF marathon effort

I did sort of hijack another REMF marathon runner's thread the other day (sorry about that, Kevin), but what the hell, I may as well start one of my own.

I'm running- well, mostly running: blisters/random aches notwithstanding- the Brighton Marathon on 14th April for the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund, so if any of you have a few pennies spare for yet another fundraiser begging via the well established means of NSC, I would be most grateful.

I did have a couple of Palace fans offering to sponsor me to the tune of £100 to run in their shirt, but I am hopeful that I will raise enough through you fine people to justify avoiding that unthinkable and unpleasant outcome (one suggestion was to wear a Zaha shirt, but I was worried it might cause me to speed past ten other runners and then fall over for no apparent reason).

As a relatively new arrival to the REMF team, I am throwing myself into the training, and as a demonstration of my commitment, dragged myself round the roads of Mid Sussex for 17 & a half miles in the snow and blistering wind this afternoon. Having thawed out and regained the feeling in my face, I thought therefore that I'd type this quick begging letter to you all.

Muchas gracias to the lovely NSCers and Twitterers who have already contributed to the cause: I know how many times you all get begged for sponsorship from all angles, so I genuinely am grateful for every penny :kiss:

I'll be the one at the REMF match on the 19th April walking like John Wayne. Oh, and here is the link to my Just Giving page...I nearly forgot that....

Vicki Lank is fundraising for Robert Eaton Memorial Fund

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A quick and no doubt gratuitous bounce. Indulge me :thumbsup: :bounce:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:kiss:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here