Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best bit of commentary

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Got to be "It's the stuff of dreams, it's the stuff champions" Albion wise. Take a bow son, and the Gary Neville squeal both stand out otherwise

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I think the sky sports commentary was very fitting for the man city v qpr game last season as the winning goal went in.......AGUEEEEERRRRROOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Mr Blobby BHA

May 8, 2011
Worthing, West Sussex
All good also "well the 30 minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet .... In it goes ..... OH AND IT'S GONE IN BRIGHTON IN ADDED ON TIME HAVE SNATCHED A GOAL THROUGH VIRGO"
unbelievable

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Storrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrer

This. Still sends shivers down my spine every single time I hear it at the end of the montage played at The Amex.

A favourite non-football one of mine came during the 1988 mens Olympic hockey final. Think it might have been Barry Davies as England scored he came up with something like "...and where was the German defense? And quite frankly, who cares" :lolol:

Ah, found it....

Where were the Germans.....

[YT]lfO6hUCRMgI[/YT]

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Storer. And also somebody put the radio commentary of Robbie Reinelt scoring at Hereford with the pictures and that is absolutely BRILLIANT. Can't find it off-hand.

Outside of the Albion it would have to be the Norwegian "Maggie Thatcher, Lord Nelson, Lady Di, can you hear me?" commentary.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Not football but Steve Cram's commentary as Mo Farah took his second gold, ending in him simply shouting ''beautiful' was quite something.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not football but Steve Cram's commentary as Mo Farah took his second gold, ending in him simply shouting ''beautiful' was quite something.

this ,but only second to
storerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
'and Solskjaer has done it.....Name on the Trophy' was pretty good for me, G Nev was a classic. For the Albion has got to be Swindon.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually just listening to that 'Storer' clip there seems to be an annoying 'muzak' sound in the background. Where the hell did that come from?

This. Still sends shivers down my spine every single time I hear it at the end of the montage played at The Amex.

A favourite non-football one of mine came during the 1988 mens Olympic hockey final. Think it might have been Barry Davies as England scored he came up with something like "...and where was the German defense? And quite frankly, who cares" :lolol:

Ah, found it....

Where were the Germans.....

[YT]lfO6hUCRMgI[/YT]

In a similar unbiased, non Patriotic style I recall the radio commentator at the legendary Headingley Test in '81 (Botham v Australia) along the lines of "............I don't why (insert name of Ozzie bowler here) is bothering to rearrange his fielders, Botham's knocking him out of the ground!".

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
"STORERRRRRR!!!!"

"Dickinson tees it up for Croftssssssssssss, it's in the bag for Brighton!"

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH, you BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"It's Bould, through to Adamssss.... that sums it ALL up!"

"Hang on Swindon fans, you're not quite there yet..."

:albion:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
One of my favourites was one of sport's defining moments in the second test at Edgbaston in the 2005 Ashes. With victory slipping away and Australia needing two runs to go 2-0 up in the series, Steve Harmison finally gets Kasprowicz caught behing by Geraint Jones. Richie Benaud's commentary in an increasingly excited voice as the delivery unfolded was simply. "Harmison.........Kasprowicz!......JONES!!" and then finally as umpire Billy Bowden raises the finger........"BOWDEN!!!!!!!!" Even writing this brings back the emotion of that moment.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I also liked the one in the 2008 EUROs when Turkey (I think against Croatia) produced that memorable comeback and still had time to have their goalkeeper dismissed. The commentator paused for breath and said "Frankly if a spaceship landed in the centre circle right now I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here