Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ray Wilkins tipping Poyet for Chelsea

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I heard that on talksport earlier. Gus not even a top Championship manager yet. It will never happen.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Especially as i don't know any other pundit to routinely get so amny things wrong prediction wise. And he's admitted that himself.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
That article is ridiculous.
They are saying it's too early for Zola and that Chelsea should go for Gus? WTF? Because Gus is SO much more experienced and ready than Zola. :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
heard a rumour today that the special one was deffo going back to the chels ,source is a ex pro who coaches at prem league club

I'd have thought that was a backwards step after Madrid?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That article is ridiculous.
They are saying it's too early for Zola and that Chelsea should go for Gus? WTF? Because Gus is SO much more experienced and ready than Zola. :facepalm:

At least Zola has managed in the Premier League (albeit a not particularly successful stint).

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just wish people like Wilkins would show a bit of respect where other clubs' employees are concerned.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just wish people like Wilkins would show a bit of respect where other clubs' employees are concerned.
Maybe it's his way of paying the club back for firing his brother? Or revenge on an on-going basis for that brutal attack at The Goldstone?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Maybe it's his way of paying the club back for firing his brother? Or revenge on an on-going basis for that brutal attack at The Goldstone?

When he commentated on the league cup game vs Liverpool last season he had nothing but praise for Brighton, so I doubt that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I heard that on talksport earlier. Gus not even a top Championship manager yet. It will never happen.

This. The only place Gus is a top Prem manager (a la Chelski) is in his own head.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
This has no more legs than the Oscar Pistorius saga. Gus is not the sort of manager Abramovich would go for. If he was after promising managers who are ex Chelsea heroes, why would he have sacked Di Matteo? It makes no sense. Gus Poyet is not the sort of profile that Abramovich wants. He wants Big Name Bling, not Local Heroes...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here