Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hope for Barnes, worry for Wilf

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Not seen it so apologies if fixtures.

SSN ticker saying Barnes trip on ref being reviewed by FA and disciplinary action being considered for Zaha inciting Leeds fans.

Barnes will get 4 games at least and Zahaha should be treated as a straight red as that is what he would have got if ref had seen it. However, the bleating media whores of Palace will ensure he gets a small fine only.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
my money's zaha getting away with a warning, Barnes getting a longer ban :nonon:

Will be interesting to see if the FA charge the Wurzel Gimp for running onto the pitch and shouting "Fecking Tw@t" at the referee after the Leeds game. The silence is deafening.:ffsparr:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I hope Barnes gets a huge ban and we get rid. Nothing to do with his quality of football, just purely because of his poor discipline. However, part of the blame has to be put on Poyet. He has simply not punished Barnes for his previous attitude on the pitch so Barnes has just carried on acting like a prat.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Not sure Wilf will get a simple fine.

The rules are that player interactions with the crowd ( positive I.e over zealous celebrations) or negative like reacting to abuse from the crowd with " gestures" or whatever receive a yellow card.

How Manys he on?

Oct 2, 2011
Not seen it so apologies if fixtures.

SSN ticker saying Barnes trip on ref being reviewed by FA and disciplinary action being considered for Zaha inciting Leeds fans.

If Wilf gets a ban i will be amazed, i mean it was a load of muggy Leeds fans and not a coach load of nuns on a day out....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Luis Suarez got a 1-Game Ban and a £20,000 fine, for giving the finger to Fulham fans, I don't see why this should be any different.

If anything, the punishment should be worse because Leeds fans desrve it more...... although i suppose the FA has to be neutral and would not be able to take that fact in to consideration.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I want Zaha to play so there will be absolutely no room for excuses after we beat them.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Can't say I care about Zaha, but must admit to being shocked by the number of posters who say get rid of Ash on various threads. Normally fans support their own, but not our lot. The lad has probably made a mistake and will pay for it. But to kick him out or suggest he never plays for us again is ridiculous. We will need him for however many games left he is eligible for and Gus will have read him the riot act. No doubt! Whatever happens over his suspended games, WE WILL NEED HIM BACK. Why would any fan not want him back for the last few critical games - if Wayne Rooney could learn from his stupidity then so can Ash.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Does Barnes actually enjoy playing football ? I've never seen a player with such a permanent scowl on his face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here