Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian McDermott sacked

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
With 9 games to go it really does look like a stupid decision... they will need someone to come in straight away and make an instant impact... unlikely.

McDermott had just as much chance of keeping them up as any manager they'll be able to get in.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Adkins to replace McDermott IMO - another plastic manager for another plastic club.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Would we be happy with him if Gus were to leave in the summer? I'm not sure.

No thanks. Tony won't go for just anyone, if/when Gus eventually goes the club will no doubt try to emulate Swansea buy picking a manager that fits our current style philosophy. Not sure who but it won't be Brian Mc I am pretty sure!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Panic setting in what with QPR no longer dead man walking.

Hope they go down - with or without Adkins.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Had Reading not have gone on an amazing run at the end of last season resulting in promotion to the prem, he would probably still have a job.

That'll teach him!!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
With 9 games to go it really does look like a stupid decision... they will need someone to come in straight away and make an instant impact... unlikely.

McDermott had just as much chance of keeping them up as any manager they'll be able to get in.

Fully agree with you.

The timing is odd because it's the business end of the season and unless they've got a top manager waiting, I don't think they've got any chance of surviving.

Brian McDermott was loved by the Reading fans but he came across as a glum person with very little character and presence for the Premier League. I don't think I ever saw him smile. He'll get a job somewhere in the Championship or possibly Swindon Town; local for him and can get the best out of the team.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

3 of their next 4 are Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool .... good luck to whoever they think can get anything from those

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I guess he will end up managing a league one team next and do very well for himself financially. If Adkins does take over then yes- hope they get relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here