Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huhne,8 months.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Pryce got the same. Sounds quite lenient to me, others have got 12-18 months for similar.
Bear in mind that they will only do half that so will be out in July.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Glad they got custodial sentences. Perverting the course of justice is a bad one and they had to hand down custodial sentences as a deterrent. Some poxy politicians think they are above the law.

Was hoping for longer but guessed 8 months.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Huhne got a 10% discount off the sentence for pleading

Both will also hopefully get to pay the costs of the case which are pretty hefty.

Incredible to think he could have been party leader and the deputy prime minister. What a mess.

Did i read he lost his licence about 4 months later anyway.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It took a long time but he got his comeuppance in the end.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Glad they got custodial sentences. Perverting the course of justice is a bad one and they had to hand down custodial sentences as a deterrent. Some poxy politicians think they are above the law.

Was hoping for longer but guessed 8 months.

Exactly.

Without this, there would little deterrent to lying and altering evidence in criminal proceedings.

This is also a good example of a level playing field. Their connections, money and status, did not get them off the hook or a lighter sentence than anyone else would have got.
Good day for the UK Justice System.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
She must be gutted going to gaol just to get revenge on him

Replace the word gutted with stupid and I agree. Unbelieveably naive for someone in that position when you see the correspondence between her and the Sunday Times.

Personally I think the sentence is about right although I would also like it to include a public apology from both of them and some sort of explanation as to how they are going to redeem themselves. They have shown no remorse for completely lying (forget the charge itself which is commonplace) about what they did and shown every sign of thinking that they were above the law. And if it didn't cost the taxpayer more money i'd like them to be kept in there until they make a public apology that is genuinely credible. Both utter scumbags in my opinion and they represent exactly what is wrong about politicians, every bit as much as the expenses scandal.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
He'd only have to do 5 months if he got his missus to do 3 for him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here