Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Allen

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Just listened to Martin Allen being interviewed on the radio. He came on to talk about the fact he took a few of his squad to Nandos last Friday before a Gillingham victory at the weekend. Hold the front page. I remember him going on the radio after advertising in a newspaper for someone to teach him how to whistle a few seasons back. He puts Harry Redknapp to shame. Never known someone so desperate for publicity. Loves the sound of his own voice and he's such a bore. Holloway also springs to mind in that department.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I heard something on the radio earlier about how Martin Allen would be on to talk about the unusual pre-match meal he took his players out to, but that was it.

Was it really Nandos?

What is unusual about football players going to Nandos?

RedRob

come the revolution......
Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
Not sure i'd want him at The Albion, but does strike me as a 'take no shit' manager - just as he was as a (good) player.......

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Just listened to Martin Allen being interviewed on the radio. He came on to talk about the fact he took a few of his squad to Nandos last Friday before a Gillingham victory at the weekend. Hold the front page. I remember him going on the radio after advertising in a newspaper for someone to teach him how to whistle a few seasons back. He puts Harry Redknapp to shame. Never known someone so desperate for publicity. Loves the sound of his own voice and he's such a bore. Holloway also springs to mind in that department.

Maybe, but three good managers doing quite well at the moment.

Jimmy Grimble

On course for his first managerial promotion after 10 years of management at 6 different clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here