Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion "Like a Premier league team" - Bolton goalkeeper

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Extraordinarily generous comments by Andy Lonergan in his interview on the club's website: “We did really well – they’re a really good team. I don’t know if you can appreciate it sat in the stands but when you’re on the pitch, for me personally it felt like playing a Premier League team, so fair play to them.”

I thought we looked really good… But that good?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Easy to say that when you won

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I've said it a couple of times and I'll say it again, I think we're more suited to the style of Premier League football than Championship. Getting up will be harder than staying up IMO (Ooh Matron indeed).
Obviously teams like United, Chelsea and City would destroy us regardless though, but that's to be expected.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I've said it a couple of times and I'll say it again, I think we're more suited to the style of Premier League football than Championship. Getting up will be harder than staying up IMO (Ooh Matron indeed).
Obviously teams like United, Chelsea and City would destroy us regardless though, but that's to be expected.

very much this. been saying the same thing. as evidenced by our performances against epl clubs in various games, albeit cup ties. (conveniently leaving Liverpool away out of the mix!)

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011

i totally agree with this - and have said this (in the real world) a few times only to be laughed at. our style is totally premiership and we would not have too many of the tough constantly pressing meathead teams in the prem (stoke aside).

alas, if we dont go up this season (whichi for me is an 18% chance at the moment) - then bridders and others will leave and we start again.......i really feel this is the year to go up or we will be mid table championship side for the next 5 or 6 years.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Our style may be suited better to Premier League football, but our squad is quite short on the talent to play it successfully at that level.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I tend to agree with that, and I think Poyet would do better with the funds that he would be given than he does right now. I always feel that he knows what he wants, and it is always beyond his budget, unless there is a special reason, such as Bridge and Upson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here