Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the Barnsley match is off... [merged]

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
the players fly up tonight - so hardly a rest as wont be called off until tomorrow........saying that tho - i really do hope its off and we can concentrate on palace....
Don't think the players are flying tonight... Gus said flying last Friday but coach today

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Tomorrow's game could suffer from a little bit of snow I think this could benefit us ?

Tomorrow's game could suffer from a little bit of snow and get called off !

Will this benefit us ?

Thoughts

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
To have the same amount of rest between games as you know who will be of benefit, I would have thought. Plus spending any amount of time in the north of England cannot be beneficial really, can it?:rolleyes:

But then again, it depends when it is rescheduled to.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As I said on the other thread, Barnsley could be low on confidence after their cup game, and a win would give us confidence, putting us back into the play off positions, therefore giving us some impetus for Sunday.

Edit to say there's no snow forecast for South Yorkshire but if their under soil heating fails, then it could be off.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Their youth team match has been called off today due to a frozen pitch (picture on their website).

However, forecast for tomorrow is a daytime high of 5 degrees. They do also have a dodgy undersoil heating system - see prevous threads.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
not sure our players are the type for -3 up north on a tuesday night........i hope its re-arranged and the players don't travel north.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We had snow again last night, 2nd night in a row.... It's all melted give or take the last few patches already.

Tomorrow is forecast in Barnsley to be above 0 degrees from 10am onwards, not dipping below freezing until after midnight (by which time the games over of course). Highs of 3 degrees, and they do have undersoil heating.

SHOULD be fine.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
We had snow again last night, 2nd night in a row.... It's all melted give or take the last few patches already.

Tomorrow is forecast in Barnsley to be above 0 degrees from 10am onwards, not dipping below freezing until after midnight (by which time the games over of course). Highs of 3 degrees, and they do have undersoil heating.

SHOULD be fine.

It looks like we're playing then. :(

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
Not convinced we'll be able to get there ok and if we'll be able to get back afterwards.
What are the chances of hitting the A23 in the early hours and getting stuck?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well I will be there. Just hope the game is on :bounce:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not convinced we'll be able to get there ok and if we'll be able to get back afterwards.
What are the chances of hitting the A23 in the early hours and getting stuck?

It will be completely fine. Once out of the coastal area it will be no problem.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
A23 was awful last night!

One of my friends left London at 5pm and didn't get in until 4am this morning!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here