Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T St James' Place Investments

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Anybody out there had dealings with St James's Place Wealth Management?

My father left me and my siblings some money in trust when he died and we have been trying to get hold of it as it does not form part of his estate. 2 of us are in the UK, 2 overseas. Firstly, they say that they would rather deal with one person, so we arrange to get forms signed so that our solicitor could deal with it. Now they do not want to send the money to our solicitor (no idea why) and also say that they do not want to transfer money overseas as it costs too much!! So we have arranged for them to send it to my sister who will forward it on. 3 months later, lots of pontification and still no money. Are they useless, bankrupt or what?

And whilst we are on the subject, can anyone recommend a pensions advisor as I am being hassled by a company here to transfer my old UK company pension to some bunch in Malta and I don't like the sound of it.

Thanks

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What is their trading name ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If its the same company I can find, nothing to worry about in terms of being 'bust'. They also appear to be ultimately owned by Lloyds Banking Group.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I can confirm that they are part of Lloyds Banking Group and no they are not going bust but are going through "internal changes", sorry no details but it should not be cause for concern.

I'd go with your opinion of useless not in problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here